Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polycom Phone Setup

Default Polycom Phone Setup

Just got a new account yesterday. Tech Support told me I didn't need the special box if I have a voip phone (Polycom IP550). So, what are the codes necessary to hook it up? I've been on hold for a ghastly long time. Thanks.

Default Re: Polycom Phone Setup

You have to wait until you receive your ATA from Voipo. Once you register to your account, then log into your vPanel and go to:

Features>>Preferences>>Softphone/BYOD

You'll see the following info:

Hostname: sip.voipwelcome.com
    Username: your phone number
    Password: new password

You must register your Voipo supplied ATA before you will see the registration credentials.

The Polycom IP550 is an IP phone so you don't need an ATA.

I suggest emailing support@voipo.com to have them email you the proper credentials. Once you receive them, provision your phone with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsean View Post
    The Polycom IP550 is an IP phone so you don't need an ATA.

I suggest emailing support@voipo.com to have them email you the proper credentials. Once you receive them, provision your phone with it.
    You cannot get BOYD credentials until you register the Voipo supplied ATA. At least they would not do it for me... Has something changed?

Yes. I believe you have to let the supplied ATA register at least once. The ATA is the standard proof of working service.

If you are logged in to vPanel, try this link:
    https://secure.voipo.com/preferences/softphone

Same as the before stated:
    Features>>Preferences>>Softphone/BYOD

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

One thing I've noticed and just for further clarification.........

The Voipo ATA must be registered any time you want to generate, re-generate or otherwise disable the BYOD credentials in vPanel. As soon as you disconnect the ATA and it unregisters, the ability to do any of those changes becomes disabled. If you want to make any further changes to the BYOD credentials, you must temporarily hook up the ATA again and let it re-register.

After you've supplied your BYOD device with its credentials, it will work with or without the Voipo ATA hooked up.

For the record, I've never received the hardware and my SIP credentials were activated; however, I am on a different type of account so I'm only speaking of my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsean View Post
    For the record, I've never received the hardware and my SIP credentials were activated; however, I am on a different type of account so I'm only speaking of my experience.
    Yup, you Hostgator folks are quite different, as are those who were very early VOIPo customers and now grandfathered in.

For everyone else, wintek and tritch's experiences are typical.

I have the Polycom 550 phone and can't figure out how to register the user name and password I got from the Voipo Byod area. Anyone know where to put that info? I've been able to access the Polycom Soundpoint IP Configuration through my browser but don't know what to do from there.

Hello,

Has anyone been able to successfully use the Polycom with VOIPO? I followed all the suggestions here and am still not able to register my phone with VOIPO. I also tried the same credentials given in the BYOD section with an iSip app (that works on another VOIP provider) and it's hangs when trying to register my account.

Any helpful hints would be much appreciated.