PDA

View Full Version : 502 bogging-down WAN traffic?

bretski
01-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Something I've noticed recently: There's something going on with my ATA where WAN traffic seems to really bog-down after a few days (calls seem ok during this time, though). A reboot of the 502 gets things moving again...memory leak, maybe???

Anyone else out there seeing this? My network looks like this:

LAN --> router --> ATA --> modem --> cloud

quattrohead
01-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Seems OK here with the same setup, modem is Motorola 5120 and router is Netgear FWS114P.
Download Speed: 28174 kbps (3521.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 749 kbps (93.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
from Speakeasy.net.

burris
01-16-2009, 12:09 PM
I have mine after the router and have never seen this problem. I have DSL and my router does the PPPoE.

bretski
01-16-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm going though everything to try and track this down, but it just seems too dang convenient that rebooting the ATA restores order...and the 502 is the only thing that's changed on my network in the last couple of months.

bretski
01-16-2009, 01:52 PM
I got a call on my virtual line. Picked up the phone connected to jack1. Call connected, but the phone connected to jack2 kept ringing. I picked up the second phone, and the call on jack1 dropped.

The person called me back, and the same thing happened. I just unplugged the other phone to stop it ringing, and my call stayed connected that time. Afterwards, I chatted with support, and told them what happened. Support switched me to central, and call behavior is back to normal, from what I can tell. However, VPanel says I'm still on sip...

:confused:

Afterwards, the Phone2 light was flashing like I had a voicemail. Picked up the line, and heard the vm indicator tone. Dialed 123, but the system said no messages. Ended voicemail session. Phone1 light immediately started blinking the vm indicator. Picked it up, and heard the vm tone. However, no messages were waiting. Pressed 5 to exit, and lights are back to normal.

even more :confused:

Time to open a ticket? Is my ATA defective, perhaps?