PDA

View Full Version : Express 2.0 Coming Soon

VOIPoTim
03-18-2009, 11:31 AM
VOIPo Express has been very stable, but a little bland. It's been essentially a 100% forwarding service with no real other features except call logs.

We're about to launch the BETA of Express 2.0.

Who here wants to help test it when ready?

bretski
03-18-2009, 12:16 PM
/me raises hand

Dave_N
03-18-2009, 02:13 PM
I'd like to be in. I would need to buy the service and port my toll free number if possible.

Xponder1
03-18-2009, 02:43 PM
VOIPo Express has been very stable, but a little bland. It's been essentially a 100% forwarding service with no real other features except call logs.

We're about to launch the BETA of Express 2.0.

Who here wants to help test it when ready?

I like to test stuff. As your aware I am already a customer what would I need to do to test it?

What would one expect from this express service?

I just read what info there is about it and you already stated its a forwarding service. Is that all it just forwards to a existing number? If so I can just forward it to my VOIPo #.

Montano
03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
I have an Express account already, so testing would be fun to see what changes have been made.

VOIPoTim
03-18-2009, 04:06 PM
I have an Express account already, so testing would be fun to see what changes have been made.

For those of you with accounts already, you should see some new options showing up under the BETA tab over the next few days as we finish testing.

One was just added. It's the ability to set the Caller ID that is passed through. By default we just pass on the caller's Caller ID, but many many customers have asked to have an option to pass the VOIPo Express Number as the Caller ID. That way if they have it forward to their cell phone or something, they'll know what number was called and can answer according vs not knowing it it's a regular personal call or a call to their Express number. That's available under the BETA tab now.

You should also notice a huge speed improvement in the Local Numbers, Toll-Free and Fax tabs already. Usage tab is being optimized for speed now.

tristatevoip
03-18-2009, 05:55 PM
I have been beta testing would like to help out with express2.0

fisamo
03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Nice! For those who already have Express accounts, is there anything else that we need to do, or just check out the Beta tab?

VOIPoTim
03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Nice! For those who already have Express accounts, is there anything else that we need to do, or just check out the Beta tab?

Check out the BETA tab as things roll into it.

usa2k
03-18-2009, 08:02 PM
If you could get Windsor, Ontario, Canada ... I'm there! :)

rcboats24
03-19-2009, 05:44 AM
I'd like to help test.

gbh2o
03-19-2009, 07:19 AM
I'm available; let me at it! :D

Brian
04-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Hows this coming along?

fisamo
06-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Feature request -

I would like to be able to have a voicemail-only number. I thought I might be able to achieve this by setting the "number of rings" to 0 or by leaving the "forward destination" box empty. Problem is, vPanel does some error checking on that field and won't accept a null entry. I also found that I can't enter one of my own numbers (on that Express account). I am glad that error checking is there and don't suggest taking it away!

However, setting the number of rings to 0 does cause the target phone to at least give a splash ring. I thought I might be able to use the FreePBX trick of having calls to that incoming# get "play ringtones until the caller hangs up" black hole destination. Problem is, that destination "answers" the channel, so the Voipo voicemail never picks up.

I realize that I can forward the call to a dummy extension on my PBX system (such as a registered ATA without a phone connected to it), but a 'voicemail only' number (with an API command to query the number of new voicemail messages) would suit my needs nicely.

gbh2o
06-25-2009, 07:05 PM
I'll watch for the new fun areas and abuse them "lightly" [... while I'm waiting for the return of Carrier :D ]

harwich
08-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Any time line for Express 2.0?

eacollin
09-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Feature request -

I would like to be able to have a voicemail-only number. I thought I might be able to achieve this by setting the "number of rings" to 0 or by leaving the "forward destination" box empty. Problem is, vPanel does some error checking on that field and won't accept a null entry. I also found that I can't enter one of my own numbers (on that Express account). I am glad that error checking is there and don't suggest taking it away!

However, setting the number of rings to 0 does cause the target phone to at least give a splash ring. I thought I might be able to use the FreePBX trick of having calls to that incoming# get "play ringtones until the caller hangs up" black hole destination. Problem is, that destination "answers" the channel, so the Voipo voicemail never picks up.

I realize that I can forward the call to a dummy extension on my PBX system (such as a registered ATA without a phone connected to it), but a 'voicemail only' number (with an API command to query the number of new voicemail messages) would suit my needs nicely.

Just curious what PBX system your using? Windows based or Linux/Unix?

fisamo
09-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Asterisk - linux-based...

For now, I'm using the built-in voicemail, and that seems to be working for me. I'm not sure how important the VM-only line will be to me, now. (I also haven't thought about the issue in several months...)