PDA

View Full Version : Zoiper Softphone Help

drkolosis
06-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi,

I am trying to use Zoiper with Voipo using the info. provided from the Control Panel of Voipo. The problem is that I am unable to get Zoiper to register the SIP settings. Here is what Zoiper asks for and I enter the info. from the VPanel of Voipo for my account:

DOMAIN: I enter -> sip.voipwelcome.com
USERNAME: I enter my phone number 804xxxxxxx
PASSWORD: I enter my password

When I try to register, it doesn't work. What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
drkolosis

chpalmer
06-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Do you have an ATA also registered? Try adding :5064 to the end of the domain.

Xponder1
06-16-2009, 10:43 PM
I would email support and find out if you should be using the sip. server. You should have your softphone connected to the exact same server your ATA connects to or you will have issues. Been there done that.

Also, I think they have to give you a sip password.

caseydoug
06-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi,

I am trying to use Zoiper with Voipo using the info. provided from the Control Panel of Voipo. The problem is that I am unable to get Zoiper to register the SIP settings. Here is what Zoiper asks for and I enter the info. from the VPanel of Voipo for my account:

You are supposed to get your softphone credentials from VOIPo support, not from vPanel. The domain you listed is quite different from the ones I was given.

voipoh
06-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Take alook at this:
http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?p=12590#post12590

Russell
06-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi,

DOMAIN: I enter -> sip.voipwelcome.com
USERNAME: I enter my phone number 804xxxxxxx
PASSWORD: I enter my password

When I try to register, it doesn't work. What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
drkolosis

I was dropping a child off at a 4 week camp and just configured zoiper "on the fly, so to speak" for the child this afternoon. All I entered were the above three pieces of information which I obtained from the vPanel. Zoiper works fine - I selected the option where it does not register as I don't want our calls to go to this child's laptop (but still want her to be able to call home).

VOIPoTim
06-21-2009, 05:14 PM
The info in the control panel will be correct.

What kind of error is it giving you? Are you using it from the same network where you have your adapter connected?

Xponder1
06-21-2009, 06:05 PM
The info in the control panel will be correct.

What kind of error is it giving you? Are you using it from the same network where you have your adapter connected?

Tim,
My control panel says sip.voipwelcome.com . If you will recall it was me setting my softphone to that that caused a service interruption resulting in my account being suspended just about a month or two ago. My ATA is on Central01.

Are you sure what it says in Vpanel is correct?

VOIPoTim
06-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Tim,
My control panel says sip.voipwelcome.com . If you will recall it was me setting my softphone to that that caused a service interruption resulting in my account being suspended just about a month or two ago. My ATA is on Central01.

Are you sure what it says in Vpanel is correct?

Yeah. It's setup differently now. I'll post a full softphone update tonight but basically the vPanel info is correct.

Russell
06-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah. It's setup differently now. I'll post a full softphone update tonight but basically the vPanel info is correct.

Looking forward to the posting ... I set one child who has gone for a four week camp with the new vPanel credentials which I set up this afternoon. Zoiper set up NOT to register. The child successfully called home.

Another child in Central America has the old credentials which I got via a ticket some months back. The child just called a few minutes ago. Once again setup to not register but using the same server as my ATA. Can I leave this as is?

And, we'll be on vacation in July with the ATA unplugged and using a softphone when we have Internet access.

VOIPoTim
06-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Another child in Central America has the old credentials which I got via a ticket some months back. The child just called a few minutes ago. Once again setup to not register but using the same server as my ATA. Can I leave this as is?

Yes, you can leave as is. The changes really only affect customers without SIP credentials already.

bwyatt
08-24-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm in my VPanel now and have the following information provided at BETA; SIP ACCOUNTS:

Here you can create SIP accounts that you can use with any SIP compatible Softphone or ATA device to receive calls.

These SIP accounts are for inbound calls only and we do not offer outbound calling services for them at this time.

I was hoping to use 3rd party softphone as described in this thread, but according to the info above I will only be able to receive calls, not make them.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Bill

VOIPoTim
08-24-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm in my VPanel now and have the following information provided at BETA; SIP ACCOUNTS:

Here you can create SIP accounts that you can use with any SIP compatible Softphone or ATA device to receive calls.

These SIP accounts are for inbound calls only and we do not offer outbound calling services for them at this time.

I was hoping to use 3rd party softphone as described in this thread, but according to the info above I will only be able to receive calls, not make them.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Bill

We actually don't offer pay as you go outbound calling....only inbound service. I know some providers do that, but we stick to residential service and inbound forwarding.

If you need outbound calling, you'll need to get an unlimited residential plan.

Here is some information: http://www.voipo.com/residential.shtml

fisamo
08-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Sounds like you're using an Express account, not the BYOD/Softphone feature of the Residential account. The Residential account can also get SIP credentials for making and receiving calls. However, the calls made on that account are limited to domestic use.

bwyatt
08-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Sounds like you're using an Express account, not the BYOD/Softphone feature of the Residential account. The Residential account can also get SIP credentials for making and receiving calls. However, the calls made on that account are limited to domestic use.

Yes, I have an express account. I'm catching on and quite impressed with the response and activity here!

I'm opening a residential account and learned this evening that in order to keep my toll free number forwarding I will need two separate accounts - express and residential.

Just a minor inconvenience. It would be nice to be able to upgrade my existing account to accommodate the additions instead of the necessity of having individual accounts. (Not complaining - just a suggestion!) :cool:

fisamo
08-25-2009, 06:34 AM
You can 'link' your accounts in vPanel. If the system doesn't link them automatically, submit a ticket and request it. In the top center, next to your name and the logout button, there's a dropdown selector. If your accounts are linked, you can switch between 'vpanels' using that selector. My Express and Residential accounts are linked, so I can log in with either set of username/password (for vPanel), and switch over to the other one.

bwyatt
08-25-2009, 07:21 AM
Perfect!

Thanks fisamo.

bwyatt
08-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Opened two residential accounts today and am in the process of porting numbers to both. Opened a fax number as well and chose the toll free option. Support then explained that I could port my local fax number and replace the toll free fax once it goes through, so that's now in the mix.

Could not complete the transaction through Vpanel, but the chat support did it manually with me online and everything was linked in Vpanel when all was done. Could not have been smoother.

Assuming former provider will accomodate the transfer in a reasonable amount of time, this was indeed an experience to brag about.