PDA

View Full Version : Remote Access - Forwarding INOP?

gls101
09-30-2009, 02:25 PM
I was just trying Remote Access, specifically remote forwarding, and I didn't have any luck.

After entering the star for more features, I was prompted for the feature code. I entered *20 for forwarding.

I was prompted for the number to forward to.

Entered the area code and number.

The system looped at this point, jumping back to "Enter the number you wish to call or the feature code you wish to access now" (or similar).

If I enter the *20 again, it again asks for the number to forward to, in an endless loop.

Anyone else seeing this?

Gary

Xponder1
09-30-2009, 02:36 PM
I was just trying Remote Access, specifically remote forwarding, and I didn't have any luck.

After entering the star for more features, I was prompted for the feature code. I entered *20 for forwarding.

I was prompted for the number to forward to.

Entered the area code and number.

The system looped at this point, jumping back to "Enter the number you wish to call or the feature code you wish to access now" (or similar).

If I enter the *20 again, it again asks for the number to forward to, in an endless loop.

Anyone else seeing this?

Gary

Thats how it works. I suggested that they put a confirmation message in. When it goes back to the main menu it did forward it.

gls101
09-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Thats how it works. I suggested that they put a confirmation message in. When it goes back to the main menu it did forward it.

Yeah, about 20 minutes after I posted the original message I found that out the hard way :).

It took me the longest time to figure out why a call went to my cell phone from someone that didn't have the number! Duhh......

I agree, either a confirmation message or an ack tone of some type would really help.

I believe the feature is still in beta, so hopefully by the time it goes live there could be some changes.

Gary