PDA

View Full Version : BETA Testers Needed: New Real-Time Billing

VOIPoTim
11-09-2009, 03:06 PM
We need a few active express users to help test our new billing system.

With the new system, calls are all billed in real-time and pending charges show up in the call logs.

We need some active users to have the new call logs activated that are willing to do some testing and look through their call logs to make sure all are being rated right and costs calculated appropriately.

These charges won't be billed to your account automatically or anything, we just want to get more real-world usage on it to watch it.

If interested, please PM.

VOIPoTim
11-11-2009, 02:38 AM
All of you that PMed volunteering have the new Call Logs enabled in your account now. I'll reply to individual PMs tomorrow.

Do not worry about the cost listed, it's just there for tracking and is not factoring in your free/included minutes. It is not being use for live billing.

Here are the rates plugged in to it right now:

Inbound - $0.01
Toll-Free Inbound - $0.03
Inbound via SIP - $0

Outbound: $0.015
Outbound via SIP: $0

Basically we just need you guys to watch calls/do test calls to make sure they are being rated correctly. We bill in 60 second increments so everything is rounded to whole minutes.

If you want to make test calls, please feel free to do so. We won't be billing your accounts for usage this month.

You will also notice a "Call ID" in the call log right now. This is just our internal ID which we have for all calls and is used for tracking. So if you see a call billed incorrectly, give us the call ID and we can look it up.

On a side note, we also have full SIP traces stores for ALL calls (including residential) that we keep on a rolling 7 day basis. We're going to integrate this into vpanel somehow cal so if there is a problem call we won't need you guys to do a trace with us scheduling it, we'll just be able to pull up that Call ID and already have it.
If anyone else with an express account wants to do test calls to help test (usage won't be billed to you), please let us know.

If you have a fax only or residential account, we don't need to test this billing (since unlimited), but appreciate you offering. Right now this is only for Express toll-free and forwarding accounts.

Later this week, we'll be testing international for residential though and I'll make another post for volunteers for that at that time to make some test international calls.

gbh2o
11-11-2009, 03:03 PM
KNG-607398 reflects my initial playing about. Left something that needs to be 'adjusted', I believe. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to break things again! :D

VOIPoTim
11-11-2009, 03:15 PM
KNG-607398 reflects my initial playing about. Left something that needs to be 'adjusted', I believe. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to break things again! :D

I was left Brandon's office about that one. It's right in DB, but rounding is off in display, so he's fixing.

One change to my post though, 1.5 cents for outgoing PSTN during the testing now (just so it matches the current Express combined rate of 2.5). It was already in system as 1.5 and I mistyped it as 1 in post, but it was rounding up to 2 for some reason.

He said the display should be fixed shortly.

VOIPoTim
11-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Another reported bug to mention... VOIPo-VOIPo on network calls are free and not currently showing up. We're going to work on adding them in, but it's a little more complex since the call is in two VOIPo accounts vs one

Russell
11-11-2009, 06:34 PM
All of you that PMed volunteering have the new Call Logs enabled in your account now. I'll reply to individual PMs tomorrow.

I PM'd you, but don't see anything. Are the costs in the Call History view?

VOIPoTim
11-11-2009, 06:36 PM
I PM'd you, but don't see anything. Are the costs in the Call History view?

This was actually only Express accounts. Since residential is unlimited, it doesn't have the same call history processing except for international.

Russell
11-11-2009, 06:38 PM
This was actually only Express accounts. Since residential is unlimited, it doesn't have the same call history processing except for international.

Which makes perfect sense ... and were the questions I asked in the PM (wondering what it was all about since it was unlimited)! Anyway, I tend to volunteer for most things :-). I should have read your first post more closely.

VOIPoTim
11-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Has anyone in this had a chance to do some test calls and check the rating/cost in call logs?

We've heard from gbh2o (http://forums.voipo.com/member.php?u=20) but no one else yet.

fisamo
11-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Perhaps I'm missing something, but the view hasn't changed for me. I see call duration, but no 'rating' of the call (e.g. tollfree vs local) and no cost assigned.

gbh2o
11-13-2009, 12:47 PM
You should be seeing a 'Fees' column if you're on the list [the good list, that is ;) ]. 'Fees' is click-able also to see the detailed breakdown of expenses attributable to the call.

fisamo
11-13-2009, 07:51 PM
It appears that I did not make the cut...

VOIPoTim
11-13-2009, 08:39 PM

Are you sure it's not in your vPanel? I know your name was on the list.

See if your call logs show a price.

VOIPoBrandon
11-13-2009, 09:25 PM

Please try again, looks like there was a slight error in your inclusion, you should be all set now!

fisamo
11-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Please try again, looks like there was a slight error in your inclusion, you should be all set now!

Definitely all set now. I like that clicking on the fee charged shows the breakdown of all legs of the call and the USF charge. (Granted, I'd rather NOT see USF charge, but that's a reality that is out of your control.) Now to play with it more... :)

VOIPoTim
11-18-2009, 02:58 AM
Definitely all set now. I like that clicking on the fee charged shows the breakdown of all legs of the call and the USF charge. (Granted, I'd rather NOT see USF charge, but that's a reality that is out of your control.) Now to play with it more... :)

Do all the charges look correct?

fisamo
11-18-2009, 03:08 PM
What I've seen so far does. I still should do some more testing and will let you know if I find anything troubling.

fisamo
11-18-2009, 03:50 PM
One of my Express numbers rates all incoming calls as SIP. I thought it might have been because I had set it to passthough number called (instead of pass callerid), but after switching that option in vPanel, the latest calls still showed as SIP incoming, though they were from PSTN (one from my work, the other from my mobile phone). Outgoing seems to be rated correctly, though. Will still need to test some more.

VOIPoTim
11-18-2009, 04:00 PM
OK I think I got all of you in this thead and that PMed.

You should now see international calls show the cost in real-time in your call logs. Please make some test calls and see if they are billed correctly. Submit a ticket for any that are not.

This billing is not real-time right now during the testing phase so it won't be charging your card...just showing in logs.

We will credit back the costs for calls for those testing from now through Monday morning.