PDA

View Full Version : New CID question

Brody
11-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I've set my CID on line 2 to send my Google voice number via the Beta CID option. I love this new feature, and it works great, except in one instance - calling to another VOIPo user. They still see my original line 2 virtual number. Anyone else notice this?

Brody
11-23-2009, 01:28 PM
I think maybe my original post was unclear... hence the lack of responses. Let me try again. I have the alternate caller-id option set for my upgraded line 2 to show another number, and it works, except on VOIPo to VOIPo calls, where the original VOIPo number is displayed.

Sicne this is feature is still in beta, I don't feel that it's ticket-worthy. Just curious if others have seen this behavior as well?

usa2k
11-23-2009, 03:15 PM
I've put in tickets that I specifically suggest get passed to Beta Development.
A ticket would not hurt and may help IMO.

I don't know many/any VOIPo numbers that I could simulate that condition.

caseydoug
11-24-2009, 02:26 AM
I wonder if you could use your primary line to call your second line, using a custom CID?

JimDog
11-24-2009, 11:59 AM
For a similar problem with the call history, Tim stated in this thread (http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?p=14343&highlight=servers#post14343) that VOIPo to VOIPo calls go directly between the SIP servers and not through the core servers like external calls do. Most likely this it what's causing your issue because the calls aren't routed out to the core servers where your CID gets changed.