PDA

View Full Version : Ordering device from voipo results in number assignment mismatch

MacGyverLabs
01-22-2010, 11:16 PM
In testing the hardware ordering process, I've identified the following behavior (problematic portion in red below)...

Let's say I have 3 new accounts defined with the following numbers:

I placed an order for a new device via the Hardware - Order New Device from VOIPo tab
During the ordering process, I selected an account (phone number) from a previously created 'new' account (without existing hardware defined). Lets say the number was 5675551212. [check]
Within 36 hours, the unit has apparently shipped, and a the appropriate account (5675551212), MAC, and tracking number information now appears in the Hardware - Device History tab [check]
If I pull up the 5675551212 account via the Account tab, I see the MAC address of the shipped device has been automatically assigned to the account [check]
If I pull up the Hardware tab (displaying all assigned devices, numbers, and port numbers), I see the MAC address of the shipped device, however the numbers assigned in the Line 1 and Line 2 field is the lowest phone number/account without an assigned device (based on this example, 4565551212), instead of the phone number/account assigned to the device during ordering (in the case of this example, 5675551212) [not good]

I have not changed anything in the Hardware tab yet - I may wait to get the device and see if I 'plug and play', which number actually gets assigned (as, with the behavior described above, there is currently a conflict... MAC is assigned to one phone number on the account screen, and a different number on the hardware tab).

Ideally, the Line 1 and Line 2 drop-downs for a particular device should only reflect numbers (i.e. accounts) which have the corresponding MAC assigned to the account (via the Hardware - Configure your hardware OR the automatically assigned Hardware - Order New Device... features).