PDA

View Full Version : Feature request

DA_MAN
08-27-2010, 05:40 AM
We have spent many hours simply trying to send a, well in the case of VOIPo's voicemail greeting recording system, a rather crappy greeting.

We would like to request the ability to upload directly via vPanel an MPEG (or better yet, a .wav file, but we are aware what sort of data storage that might entail...)

Please add the ability for us to upload our voicemail greetings as the current system which is not only inconvenient, but the sampling bit rate at next to zero combined with a GIANT noise gate and huge compression make a decent greeting absolutely impossible!

Many thanks.

usa2k
08-27-2010, 06:58 AM
We would like to request the ability to upload directly via vPanel an MPEG (or better yet, a .wav file, but we are aware what sort of data storage that might entail...)
...Definitely a great request.
If people have seasonal greetings, a small library of greeting that can be switched up like you can with E911 addresses would be nice.

A special message when DND is active would be icing on the cake.
MP3 is also a worthwhile format to support.

engineercarl
08-27-2010, 08:01 PM
I would definitely say YES to this request. The possibility of having a greeting that didn't sound like I was inside a soda bottle with the phone makes a great first impression on a caller.

Carl

gatorrobin
09-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Yep, I would love this feature. I asked for it a year and a half ago LOL

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=698&highlight=upload+greeting

DA_MAN
09-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Definitely a great request.
If people have seasonal greetings, a small library of greeting that can be switched up like you can with E911 addresses would be nice.

A special message when DND is active would be icing on the cake.
MP3 is also a worthwhile format to support.

MPEG is mp3 - that is the codec my friend... :cool:

I am sure they already use the MPEG format and likely use .mp3's as their choice, but following are the issues we all want to avoid OTHER than the hassle involved with the current system.

They are encoding our messages at a bit rate approaching 1 which sucks for .mp anything.
The telco system and their recording system compresses everyone's greeting to the point that it is either on or off - not good...
Due to said compression, one has ZERO control over the volume of their message and it ends up at least in our case, loud as Hell...
It was a major PITA to get what we recorded up to the server; I was wishing I had an old acoustic coupler modem to fashion for it as driver conflicts and such with a VOIP client and our professional studio gear made it nearly impossible - ended up doing it on the electronics lab server...

OK, so the last one is part of the hassle, but they could make the change much easier than it took me to get a darn message up there; should be a very small change to their vPanel which they are already revamping and really nothing more...