PDA

View Full Version : Feature request: link to delete vm in email

michaeljc70
10-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Title pretty much says it. If you listen to a VM attached to an email, then go home, you still have the vm there. It would be nice if there was a link in the email with the vm that you could click to delete the vm from the system (you would still have the email with vm attachment).

I know you can log into the secure site and delete it, but that is a whole extra step (and a pain on a mobile phone).

Russell
10-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Title pretty much says it. If you listen to a VM attached to an email, then go home, you still have the vm there. It would be nice if there was a link in the email with the vm that you could click to delete the vm from the system (you would still have the email with vm attachment).

I know you can log into the secure site and delete it, but that is a whole extra step (and a pain on a mobile phone).

I would definitely use this. Both the wife and I receive emails at work within seconds of it being left on our home VOIPo number. With the suggested link: it would be trivial to click on it in the email to delete the VM - neither of us login to the VOIPo site to clean up and I do it eventually in the evenings when the splash ring reminds me to. An added plus would be if I get home and hear the splash ring I'll know it's from an unheard voicemail (assuming my wife and I are diligent about clicking the link on the email).

fcbaia
10-04-2010, 04:39 PM
At a minimum, I would like to see a delete ALL function on the web site. I too mainly use email to review messages so I'm ending up with many messages to get rid of at one time.

sipman
11-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Better yet, automatically delete the voicemail after it is emailed. I dont want to click a link to delete it and I will bear the risk of it getting lost if it's undeliverable.

Thanks!

djrobx
11-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Ditto - an option to disable server-stored voicemails would be a quick and dirty fix. I never use local voicemail, I always use the email. Then my mailbox fills up because I forget to empty it. Come to think of it, I can't even remember how to dial the voicemail from my phone, LOL.

PhonePower eventually solved this problem by offering a configurable expiry time on voicemails. I just set it to 30 days. Then you get the benefit of being able to access them multiple ways.

Thanks to this thread, I checked my voicemails - it looks like it's been full since July 1st. No wonder its been a while since I got a voicemail... LOL