PDA

View Full Version : Max simultaneous calls

claganga
03-27-2011, 07:06 AM
I'm curious if anyone knows what the maximum simultaneous calls supported for BYOD is.

I'm planning on only using 3CX with my service and not the ATA. I want to make sure that all incoming calls will fail over to voicemail(3cx) and not to Voipo's voicemail or a fast busy. So I want to setup 3cx for max calls - 1 and have it fail over to VM when a new call comes in.

With kids I could see instances of 2 simultaneous calls and it would be nice to see a new inbound go to VM.

gatorsean
03-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Well this is dependent on your internet connection speed, too. The codec used is g711 so we know the receiving and transmitting bandwidth is 64k (I believe), but I'm sure voipo doesn't want more than 2 concurrent calls. I have not seen this spelled out in the TOS or anywhere else but I can't think they would like a client using a large number of channels (provided they had the bandwidth) for the low price of $8.25 when a lot of VOIP providers charge additional for each channel.

claganga
03-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Well this is dependent on your internet connection speed, too. The codec used is g711 so we know the receiving and transmitting bandwidth is 64k (I believe), but I'm sure voipo doesn't want more than 2 concurrent calls. I have not seen this spelled out in the TOS or anywhere else but I can't think they would like a client using a large number of channels (provided they had the bandwidth) for the low price of $8.25 when a lot of VOIP providers charge additional for each channel.

I agree 100% it was more of curiousity to make sure at the very least new calls will fail over to VM, which is the way I have it setup now.

That said I'd love to see ILBC or 729 being used, though 729 is less quality and incurs fee from the 729 consordium.

Anyway since the ATAs support two lines I think I'm good to go.

thanks
Chris

gatorsean
03-27-2011, 08:40 PM
I would be satisfied with gsm codec, and I would even hate to think of how much voipo would be charged and later charge the clients for a g729 codec.