PDA

View Full Version : Difference between residential and business service?

r0h1tp
06-22-2011, 05:30 PM
What is the difference between residential and business service? It seems identical on the website.

Also, I already have a VOIPo line in my house but would like to add another line in my home-office. However because of the physical layout, I would need to have another adapter in my office. My current setup has a cable modem with a router behind it to which my current VOIPo adapter is connected. I would add the second VOIPo adapter behind a switch that is connected to the same router. Will this create a problem?

r0h1tp
06-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Since I didn't get a response here, I emailed tech support and here's the reply:

======

There are no differences between the business and residential plans. They are the same package we just make it apparent that the service can be used for small business purposes.

If looking to have multiple adapters on one network you would need to ensure that traffic is being separated and distributed accordingly through your connected router. We can set up the 2nd adapter with different parameters so that this is easier to maintain but all in all that should not be a problem.

======

VOIPoTim
06-24-2011, 06:05 PM
There's no difference. It's a single plan. It's just listed differently for marketing purposes.'

As far as multiple devices, that should be right as long as your router handles it properly.