PDA

View Full Version : Call Logs - Now Instant

VOIPoTim
03-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Great news about call logs...

Brandon has redone our call parsing engine that takes the raw call data, analyzes it, and turns it into useful info for Call Logs and Billing.

Call logs should now be showing up in your account within seconds after completing a call.

The new method also virtually eliminates scalability issues since the parsing engine is separate and can be clustered almost infinitely.

If you notice any issues with Call Logs, please let us know.

Montano
03-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Way to go Brandon !

sbradshaw
03-15-2008, 02:45 PM
When did this take affect? Last night call logs were not recording for me, but appear to be working today. Have not looked at how long they take to populate recently, but know it was taking a while before. That's great news. I will do some testing.

VOIPoTim
03-15-2008, 02:46 PM
When did this take affect? Last night call logs were not recording for me, but appear to be working today. Have not looked at how long they take to populate recently, but know it was taking a while before. That's great news. I will do some testing.

Within the hour... Yesterday they were not showing up at all since we were migrating and didn't want to have duplicates or conflicting data.

We essentially wiped call logs and then went back and reanalyzed ALL of the historical data for it so they should be complete now.

sbradshaw
03-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Call logs are not currently recording for me at the moment. But then again, right now calling from two different lines (one from a cell phone) to my VOIPo line is resulting in my VOIPo line ringing, but when I answer...there is no two-way audio. Then if I hang up my VOIPo line, it is not recognizing the hangup on the calling line.

VOIPoTim
03-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Call logs are not currently recording for me at the moment. But then again, right now calling from two different lines (one from a cell phone) to my VOIPo line is resulting in my VOIPo line ringing, but when I answer...there is no two-way audio. Then if I hang up my VOIPo line, it is not recognizing the hangup on the calling line.

I PMed. We'll get your line situated. Wouldn't be related to the Call Log change.

vipsoft
03-15-2008, 07:31 PM
FYI: the call history page still says the log is delayed 30 minutes. ;)

usa2k
03-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Unanswered calls would be nice to see as a TAB.

BTW a test call INSTANTLY was available in the call log

myvoip07
03-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Excellent job Brandon, Call logs gets updated instantly when the call is completed. Any plans of showing the call logs with missed calls like they were show before?

usa2k
03-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Perhaps a fourth TAB called Incomplete for outgoing dialing errors too?

Or six Tabs:

IN & OUT ... OUTGOING ... INCOMING ... VMAIL ... MISSED ... INCOMPLETE

VOIPoTim
03-19-2008, 03:21 PM
This was just audited by an outside security firm and there are a few flaws we need to correct ASAP. Call log updates are suspended for a little while while these are corrected.

VOIPoTim
03-21-2008, 10:28 AM
This was just audited by an outside security firm and there are a few flaws we need to correct ASAP. Call log updates are suspended for a little while while these are corrected.

This should be back up (real-time) now, but since there were some changes made by an outside firm to secure it that didn't create it, it needs additional testing.

gbh2o
03-26-2008, 10:01 AM
This should be back up (real-time) now, but since there were some changes made by an outside firm to secure it that didn't create it, it needs additional testing.

I don't see calls to or from the residential plan number showing up today in the call history.

sbradshaw
03-26-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't see calls to or from the residential plan number showing up today in the call history.

Same here.

VOIPoTim
03-26-2008, 02:21 PM
There are some some issues with that new parsing engine which make it very unstable and insecure. Once these were pointed out, we got started on redoing it.

Now we're basically fixing a few things related in related areas (billing as an example) to work with the new CDR method.

It'll be up and down over the next few days.