PDA

View Full Version : Linksys SPA-3102 registering but not connected

toddinpal
07-13-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to use a Linksys/Cisco SPA-3102 instead of a softphone. I reset it to factory defaults and just entered:

Proxy: sip.voipwelcome.com
User ID: (your 10 digit phone number)
Password: (your BYOD password)

And the device shows that it is registered, and the Connected Devices in vPanel shows the device, but the Connected To spot is blank, whereas my VOIPo ATA shows under Connected To as VOIPo Central. As well, even though the device claims it is registered, I don't get a dial tone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd

VOIPoTim
07-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to use a Linksys/Cisco SPA-3102 instead of a softphone. I reset it to factory defaults and just entered:

Proxy: sip.voipwelcome.com
User ID: (your 10 digit phone number)
Password: (your BYOD password)

And the device shows that it is registered, and the Connected Devices in vPanel shows the device, but the Connected To spot is blank, whereas my VOIPo ATA shows under Connected To as VOIPo Central. As well, even though the device claims it is registered, I don't get a dial tone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd

Hi Todd,

Dialtones are generated by the device itself so if it's not giving you one, I'd check that it is connected. Since it shows up in the vPanel though, it sounds like it is. May sound silly, but have you verified that all the connections to be sure the phone are plugged in?

toddinpal
07-14-2014, 05:31 AM
Hi Todd,

Dialtones are generated by the device itself so if it's not giving you one, I'd check that it is connected. Since it shows up in the vPanel though, it sounds like it is. May sound silly, but have you verified that all the connections to be sure the phone are plugged in?

Well I'm clearly connected to my LAN and getting a connection out as you say because the device shows up in vPanel. And if I press **** on the phone dialpad I get the Linksys IVR. So I'm pretty sure those are the only two connections needed. What would cause the device to show up in vPanel but not say "Connected to VOIPo Central"? That spot is just blank in vPanel for this device.

Regards,
Todd

VOIPoTim
07-14-2014, 08:45 AM
Well I'm clearly connected to my LAN and getting a connection out as you say because the device shows up in vPanel. And if I press **** on the phone dialpad I get the Linksys IVR. So I'm pretty sure those are the only two connections needed. What would cause the device to show up in vPanel but not say "Connected to VOIPo Central"? That spot is just blank in vPanel for this device.

Regards,
Todd

You'd be connected to a BYOD server so it wouldn't be VOIPo Central. Go ahead and contact support@voipo.com with that info and they'll be able to help more.

tritch
07-14-2014, 10:43 AM
What would cause the device to show up in vPanel but not say "Connected to VOIPo Central"? That spot is just blank in vPanel for this device.

Todd / Tim,

The blank "Connected To" fields in vPanel for BYOD users has been there for a long time now. The BYOD devices register OK, but the "Connected To" field is simply blank. It started some time ago when sip2, sip7 servers were added into the available BYOD pool. I believe it used to say "Connected to: Voipo BYOD"

Brandon was able to fix the issue before for "Voipo Central" as indicated in the thread below, so maybe he can look into this issue again for the BYOD servers just to avoid any future confusion.....

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php/4680-quot-Connected-To-quot-field-is-now-blank-under-Devices?highlight=connected

Red Hazard
08-07-2015, 08:09 AM
Todd / Tim,

The blank "Connected To" fields in vPanel for BYOD users has been there for a long time now. The BYOD devices register OK, but the "Connected To" field is simply blank. It started some time ago when sip2, sip7 servers were added into the available BYOD pool. I believe it used to say "Connected to: Voipo BYOD"

Brandon was able to fix the issue before for "Voipo Central" as indicated in the thread below, so maybe he can look into this issue again for the BYOD servers just to avoid any future confusion.....

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php/4680-quot-Connected-To-quot-field-is-now-blank-under-Devices?highlight=connected

As of today (08AUG15), the "Connected To" field is still blank on my two different BYOD accounts (BYOD needed for inside wiring).