sbradshaw
03-23-2008, 09:55 PM
I've been experiencing 1 way audio after 15+ minutes into outgoing calls
I've tried everything except putting the SPA1001 in the DMZ
codeblue was doing great until now
does anyone have other ideas for me to try
TIA
-v
Almost sounds like your router's NAT is closing up on your connection. Have you tried putting a STUN server setting in your adapter? I don't have your adapter model. But most, if not all, have the ability to set a STUN server. Also, some VOIP adapters have a keep-alive interval setting that can be used to send out a periodic blank UDP packet to the SIP server to keep the "hole" in the NAT open.

The Grandstream HT-286 devices that VOIPo will be using have the ability to set either one (STUN or keep-alive interval). I found that with my router, the keep-alive interval setting is what works...as the STUN setting on the HT-286 causes a 2-3 second delay hearing the other party when you answer (I do not have the same STUN problem with the HT-502, so it must be firmware related).

voxabox
03-24-2008, 04:55 AM
I have been using stun.fwdnet.net as my STUN; keep-alive @ 30
I do agree that it seems to be a NAT/router problem; however, using a VOIPo Express account (registration) on the same ATA worked fine; perhaps, there is a difference in network topologies (Residential vs Express)
I will keep you guys informed

voxabox
03-24-2008, 11:29 AM
disabling the "Strict UDP Session Control" (2wire 2701) seemed to fix the problem
did 2 test calls without any audio issues
I'll keep you guys updated

53 minutes to (504) 367 XXXX without any problem(;