PDA

View Full Version : Account Audit - Make Sure You Have Valid Contact Info

VOIPoTim
03-28-2008, 09:57 PM
We're in the process of auditing accounts and phone numbers across our system so we're not moving dead accounts or "unknown" accounts to production.

Please login to your account and make sure you have valid contact information including an email and first/last name so it won't be flagged and risk being disconnected.

There are A LOT of them with missing info.

If you run into problems updating info, please post here and let us know.

Thanks for your cooperation!

usa2k
03-29-2008, 06:16 AM
I see three places.

Are you going to need BILLING information?

E911 Good
Contact Good
Billing Blank

VOIPoTim
03-29-2008, 06:27 AM
I see three places.

Are you going to need BILLING information?

E911 Good
Contact Good
Billing Blank

Just contact :)

Montano
03-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Residential/Express/Carrier all good to go.

gbh2o
03-29-2008, 09:11 AM
If you run into problems updating info, please post here and let us know.

On the carrier _only_ . After filling in the blanks and saving, the country and state information disappears. When you re-enter the US, the state reappears. As soon as you "Modify Account" it goes away. The Residential and express work as expected.

On ALL of them, if you enter a formated phone number 213-213-2132 if saves 213-213-21. NO FORMAT CHECKING! Same problem I remember reported on the signup screen where the customer doesn't get the immediate visual feedback of the error. If you want only 10 digits, the allow only 10 DIGITS... of course if they're not from the US????

dswartz
03-29-2008, 12:10 PM
I can confirm the same glitch...

VOIPoTim
03-30-2008, 12:29 AM
On the carrier _only_ . After filling in the blanks and saving, the country and state information disappears. When you re-enter the US, the state reappears. As soon as you "Modify Account" it goes away. The Residential and express work as expected.

On ALL of them, if you enter a formated phone number 213-213-2132 if saves 213-213-21. NO FORMAT CHECKING! Same problem I remember reported on the signup screen where the customer doesn't get the immediate visual feedback of the error. If you want only 10 digits, the allow only 10 DIGITS... of course if they're not from the US????

I'll add these to the bug fix list. These are just error checking/formatting issues.

gbh2o
03-30-2008, 09:54 AM
I'll add these to the bug fix list. These are just error checking/formatting issues.
I'll bet having a correct phone number helps with verifying credit card transactions. ;) Are the improperly formatted numbers being stored in total and just not displayed, or are they just stored as the visible garbage they are?

It just sort of goes against the grain of what I learned about range, format and over and underflow checking, data type and data storage more than 40 years ago, especially when programing in assembly language. It still seemed to hold true and at least as critical for design, implementation and safe operation of the major systems I was thrown into in the late '80s and early '90s. But I guess that was another life or two ago. :D

VOIPoTim
03-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Are the improperly formatted numbers being stored in total and just not displayed, or are they just stored as the visible garbage they are?

Should be stored, just not visible. Easy fix this week.