PDA

View Full Version : Mwi

VOIPoTim
04-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm told by VOIPoRay that MWI is now in place. It should be working, but may need a little more testing.

Currently it will send the light notification at the time a message is received and also will update hourly.

If you use this feature, please test it.

usa2k
04-23-2008, 03:19 PM
[I have a phone problem where I guess I need to submit a ticket. (Incoming has no audio - outgoing is fine.)]

But ON-TOPIC:
Calling the VOIPo number from the VOIPo makes the Voicemail kick in right away.
Leaving a message, then hit pound as it suggests gets an immediate busy tone.
(It would be nice if it said goodbye since no options are offered.)
The phone gets a stutter tone and the Grandstream blinks a green light.
There is no VMWI to the Uniden Handset like Packet8 sends.

Deleting the message clears the stutter and green blinking light.

I failed to get a text message from VOIPo like I had setup.
I failed to get an email with attachment like I had setup.

Montano
04-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Working fine for me and my Uniden via a PAP2T. The notification was instant and I have stutter tone and light indicator on my phone.

VOIPoTim
04-23-2008, 05:48 PM
[I have a phone problem where I guess I need to submit a ticket. (Incoming has no audio - outgoing is fine.)]

But ON-TOPIC:
Calling the VOIPo number from the VOIPo makes the Voicemail kick in right away.
Leaving a message, then hit pound as it suggests gets an immediate busy tone.
(It would be nice if it said goodbye since no options are offered.)
The phone gets a stutter tone and the Grandstream blinks a green light.
There is no VMWI to the Uniden Handset like Packet8 sends.

Deleting the message clears the stutter and green blinking light.

I failed to get a text message from VOIPo like I had setup.
I failed to get an email with attachment like I had setup.

Have you tested this with an external call (like from cell) or was this only for a call from within our network?

Seems to be working on external for me, so wanted to confirm that maybe it's the way things are setup for in network.

Montano
04-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Tim, I can also verify that no email or sms message is being received. But I have never received an sms message from VOIPo voicemail. I used to get email notifications, but have not in a while. We (you) even added AT&T to the sms list but still nothing. I chalked both things up to it being beta. I had reported both issues quite a while back.

I have tested from both internal and external lines.

Montano
04-23-2008, 06:44 PM
A little more on VM.... I had 18 messages and I deleted them all via my phone. However, when I go th the voicemail page in the control panel, all messages are still there.

I thought about just removing voicemail and then re-enabling it but I don't see where I can do that.

fisamo
04-23-2008, 06:49 PM
The voicemail on vPanel seems to be out of sync with the actual VM system now. For a while on my 1199 line, I had about 10 messages in the inbox that I never bothered to listen to. They were all listed in the vPanel, no problem. I tried using vPanel to delete them, but they were still there when I dialed into the VM system. After deleting them with the VM system, they were gone.

Now, I've placed a few test calls to the line and left messages. They seem to be accepted just fine (and when I hit the pound key, Allison says, "Thank you." ) I know the messages are there, because the MWI light (on my ZOOM) comes on immediately, and I get stutter tone. When I log into the system by touch tone, I can get the messages.

It's pretty amazing how quickly the MWI light updates--when leaving the first message, it comes on just as I hit the # key; when deleting messages, it goes off as I log out of the VM system.

FWIW, I still have the problem that when setting failover to forward to a number (at least a SIP address), calls do not go to VM. After ringing the specified number of times, the call is sent to the failover phone number. With a SIP address, it seems to just get dead air after the number of rings...

usa2k
04-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Same result from my cell
- wife had a migraine earlier so I hesitated ringing the phones,
but just managed a call.

P.S.

Tim, is an email to support@voipo.com going to start a ticket?
I don't recall my login info -- that email likely went in a spam filter.

Montano
04-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Just left myself a message and when I called in Allison told me I had 1 new and 3 old messages. I deleted the new message but could not find a way to listen to the 3 old.....

The MWI is incredibly fast, as fisamo stated. On in a second and then off in a second :)

I also reported about SIP calls not going to voicemail. About the only thing I have ever had issues with is voicemail, so I don't complain much. Rock solid service is most important to me.

fisamo
04-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Old messages: "Press 2 to change folders..." They might be in a folder called "Old Messages"...

One other VM suggestion for the vPanel: Many people think of voicemail as a part of their phone, not a 'feature'. Perhaps a tab on the top (same level as "Contacts" and "Features" entitled "Voicemail" is in order. The sub-tabs (menu items on the blue bar) could be "Messages", "Folders" (if you want and can tie in the vPanel with the folder structure in the VM system), "Notification" (e.g. SMS, email), "Preferences" (Password, # rings, etc.) The main problem I immediately see with this kind of setup is that you'd need to monitor which mailbox you're in if you have vmail set up on virtual numbers. Would you put a dropdown on each page? Change the 'active mailbox' only on the 'Preferences' page? (Don't mind me.. just thinking out loud.)

Montano
04-23-2008, 07:35 PM
My wife would never think of pressing anything to listen to 'old' messages :) They should play after 'new' messages without any action needed. Must be a better way. And the control panel makes no mention of 'old' vs 'new' messages.

fisamo
04-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Right there with you. But that's the way Asterisk vmail is set up out of the box. I don't know how easy it would be to reconfigure it to flag 'new' vs 'old' messages without multiple folders...

VOIPoTim
04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
VOIPoRay is working on voicemail this week and any more voicemail problems you run into, please post about so they can be included.

He is checking it and has found a few more minor things as well (like changing PIN by phone not saving).

Also the issue with failover enabled = voicemail not working is on that list, etc.

Keep posting...

chpalmer
04-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Working good here.

Voice mails dont show up via the https://secure.voipo.com/features/voicemail link, SMS nor email for me any more either.

:):)

VOIPoRay
04-23-2008, 11:40 PM
The voicemail on vPanel seems to be out of sync with the actual VM system now. For a while on my 1199 line, I had about 10 messages in the inbox that I never bothered to listen to. They were all listed in the vPanel, no problem. I tried using vPanel to delete them, but they were still there when I dialed into the VM system. After deleting them with the VM system, they were gone.

Now, I've placed a few test calls to the line and left messages. They seem to be accepted just fine (and when I hit the pound key, Allison says, "Thank you." ) I know the messages are there, because the MWI light (on my ZOOM) comes on immediately, and I get stutter tone. When I log into the system by touch tone, I can get the messages.

It's pretty amazing how quickly the MWI light updates--when leaving the first message, it comes on just as I hit the # key; when deleting messages, it goes off as I log out of the VM system.

FWIW, I still have the problem that when setting failover to forward to a number (at least a SIP address), calls do not go to VM. After ringing the specified number of times, the call is sent to the failover phone number. With a SIP address, it seems to just get dead air after the number of rings...

The VM in VPanel should now be back in sync. My account is working now. Please test and see how it goes.

The issue with the call not going to VM on a failover number should be addressed withing the next few days.

fisamo
04-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Glad to hear it, and welcome aboard, VOIPoRay! Kudos on the MWI work--it looks great. When I get a chance, I'll test the VM functions again.

Montano
04-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Just for sh!ts & giggles I deleted everything under the 'Voicemail Email' tab. Then I re-entered my email info/mms email info/sms info. And this time I did get an email, an mms notification and an sms notification. :)

But wait.... the mms message said 'the corrupted part audio/vnd.wave;name=msg0000.wav' was removed from the message. And the email message also gave me an error when trying to play the attachment.

usa2k
04-24-2008, 04:26 PM
I have a phone problem where I guess I need to submit a ticket.
(Incoming has no audio - outgoing is fine.
I *think* my audio issue was my 2nd registered device for the same number.
Seems to work with that offline :)

VOIPoTim
04-24-2008, 05:03 PM
I *think* my audio issue was my 2nd registered device for the same number.
Seems to work with that offline :)

Glad to hear.

One suggestion with that that is for everyone with multiple devices.

Please make sure that if you have multiple ATAs on your network that they are using a different SIP port.

We run on ALL ports in the range of 5060-5080. If you already have something in 5060, register to us using an alternate port.

fisamo
04-24-2008, 05:44 PM
vPanel seems to have the voicemail messages now, but it's not quite as instant as MWI. :) In fact, the delay seems somewhat variable. (I called, left a message, tried refreshing immediately--saw nothing. Called again, logged out of vPanel, logged in. Saw the SECOND VM message, but not the first. Called a few more times, was logged out of vPanel, waited several minutes, logged in, all messages there.) I also set forwarding to my email account. In no case did the attachment come through--gmail says that all the attachments have 0k length. :(

When I click on the phone number in the vPanel listing of the messages, I presume it's supposed to play the message, right? I get nothing--no launch of a media player, no audio. Is this feature supposed to work now?

Messages don't seem to clear from vPanel right away after being deleted over the phone. I deleted the msgs by touchtone, refreshed vpanel screen, and the messages were still listed. Logged out of vPanel and logged back in. Messages were still there. However, after a few minutes (we're talking one or two) and another log-out/log-in, the messages were gone. To me, this kind of delay is acceptable.

Montano
04-24-2008, 06:09 PM
All VM messages were deleted from the CP. However, when I call my VM, Allison still tells me I have 3 old messages. So I fallowed fisamo's tutorial and pressed 2 to change folders, then 1 for 'old' messages, but there are none there :(

So how can I get Allison to stop telling me I have 3 old messages ?

Edit: gmail tells me the attachment size is 3 bytes. And when I click on it I get the error I posted above. Also says 'you have a new 14 long voicemail message' (not 14 second long).

fisamo
04-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Well, the 'old messages' folder was worth a try.

I noticed the same thing on the attachments--you have a '3 long' message, and my attachments are all 0 k, and they don't open (no surprise given the file length).

However, my voicemail seems to be syncing nicely with vPanel. I will need to 'break' it a bit more to see, for example, what happens when you move messages to different folders and other things like that. But MWI is on whenever there's a message in 'New Messages', and it goes out when I move the message to 'Old Messages'.