PDA

View Full Version : Usage

12-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Hello All.

I am interested in using the VOIPo service. I recently setup a trixbox PBX at home to play with and wanted to incorporate it. I was reading the TOS and noticed this:

The use of any other third party PBX systems or PBX software (such as Asterisk) is strictly prohibited. Users who attempt to circumvent this restriction face immediate termination of their service. VOIPo reserves the right to remotely access and manage any devices connected to our network.

BUT I also notice a lot of people in here using asterisk and the like. Will I be ok using my trixbox at home or should I choose a different provider?

VOIPoTim
12-13-2011, 08:27 PM
We don't "officially" allow PBX systems because our unlimited plans are priced for a house/small business only and PBXes allow you to share a single account with many people.

With that said, we don't actively enforce that or hunt PBX users down.

That clause is just there to protect us in the event that we have someone abusing the service with extremely high usage (sharing it with lots of other people).

We have to have very broad and clear cut rules in place to use to protect us if needed.

As long as your usage is at a normal level, you are fine.