PDA

View Full Version : Call Forwarding to SIP URI not working

Montano
06-21-2008, 04:05 PM
The CP will not allow me to enter a SIP address in the 'call forward number' box. It just goes blank after I hit 'update'.

usa2k
06-21-2008, 05:18 PM
I have several set for outgoing

613 mapped to sip:613@fwd.pulver.com

Is that the way you formatted the sip address?
Or have you done it before and now it won't?

I added the same outgoing echo test as 777 and it worked also.

Montano
06-21-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm talking about forwarding incoming calls. ;)

usa2k
06-21-2008, 07:20 PM
OK,
FWIW, I just tried routing my cell phone to sip:613@fwd.pulver.com and it worked flawlessly.
EDIT: Using FF 2.0.0.14 to set it up.

Montano
06-21-2008, 09:50 PM
You lost me........

usa2k
06-22-2008, 01:14 AM
Or perhaps this entry?

Montano
06-22-2008, 07:26 AM
It seems that now we must put the 'sip:' where before we just had to enter the address and it was added automatically.

VOIPoTim
06-22-2008, 08:08 AM
It seems that now we must put the 'sip:' where before we just had to enter the address and it was added automatically.

Yes, it's actually been like that for a while, but the error correction would add it for you. Before it just assumed anbything in the box that was not a number was a sip address which was causing some confusion.

So basically, you DO need to enter in the format of sip:address@domain.com now or a regular phone number of course.

gbh2o
06-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Yes, it's actually been like that for a while, but the error correction would add it for you. Before it just assumed anbything in the box that was not a number was a sip address which was causing some confusion.

So basically, you DO need to enter in the format of sip:address@domain.com now or a regular phone number of course.

So basically, you still need to display either a lot of little format examples, or a readily available help by-the-page for your customers... we're just the test mice and easily confused. :-) Also, the format is not necessarily intuitive; the * users of us are used to sip/ instead of sip: and that had caused me problems elsewhere. I have seen both formats in other applications and devices also.