PDA

View Full Version : E911 - questions

voxabox
08-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Tim,
I have some E911 related questions:

how many addresses are retained as "Previously Used Addresses"?
how do I remove unwanted "Previously Used Addresses"?
Is it instantaneously updated, ie., if I switch the address, how quick can the local public safety answering point get it?

BTW, the E911 fields need to be widened so that one can see long addresses

burris
08-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I see my complete address top and bottom..

myvoip07
08-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Here is what looks like on mine. The top address is blank and bottom has 2 same addresses and below(Didn't include in the pic due to privacy :)) them is a click option "Use this address". Attached below is a jpeg snapshot.

voxabox
08-07-2008, 04:22 AM
Here is what looks like on mine. The top address is blank and bottom has 2 same addresses and below(Didn't include in the pic due to privacy :)) them is a click option "Use this address". Attached below is a jpeg snapshot.
I was suggesting that the fields needed to be widened
some of the people I know whose names could easily exceed the field visible space; likewise, the address field
my point was that it'd be nice to see the whole E911 info
an example:

VOIPoTim
08-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Basically the address displayed there is pulled in real-time from the 911 service that we use. It's not cached locally at all, so the address showing is real-time.

If you update the address and it shows up there, that's the address that would be used if you called 911 right then.

Currently there is no limit for the number of Previously Used addresses. We need to add functionality to remove them. Right now it's basically a "complete history".

NY Tel Guy
08-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Basically the address displayed there is pulled in real-time from the 911 service that we use. It's not cached locally at all, so the address showing is real-time.

If you update the address and it shows up there, that's the address that would be used if you called 911 right then.

Currently there is no limit for the number of Previously Used addresses. We need to add functionality to remove them. Right now it's basically a "complete history".So speaking from a "roll an ambulance or police car standpoint", you could take the adapter to the vacation cabin and set that address while you are there and then revert back once you get home.

Good deal

VOIPoTim
08-14-2008, 06:05 AM
So speaking from a "roll an ambulance or police car standpoint", you could take the adapter to the vacation cabin and set that address while you are there and then revert back once you get home.

Good deal

Not only can you revert pass to old address, you can do so with one click rather than retyping it ;)