PDA

View Full Version : Voicemail Down or being upgraded?

NY Tel Guy
09-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Just tried to access it and get a reorder tone.

I know you said an upgrade by the end of the week so tomorrow is Friday.... ?

usa2k
09-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Working here.

NY Tel Guy
09-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Working here.
You are right. It works from My Verizon Wireless Cell but my AT&T Cell gives me a re-order yet I can place other calls on it.

Montano
09-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Is 'login incorrect' the same as a re-order tone ? I keep getting the login error.

Edit: also noticed timestamp is off by 10 hours. Timezone is set to Los Angeles.

NY Tel Guy
09-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Is 'login incorrect' the same as a re-order tone ? I keep getting the login error.
I get that daily and then I go into Vpanel, type in my same password and save it. Then it works again.

Glad someone else is experiencing the same thing.

VOIPoTim
09-19-2008, 05:24 PM
I get that daily and then I go into Vpanel, type in my same password and save it. Then it works again.

Glad someone else is experiencing the same thing.

Since you're having issues with the old system, I'm moving you to the new one. It's still being tested, but should work better. Greetings, PINs, messages, etc should remain because it's using the same DB.

I'm going to post an outline of the menu options in it soon, but it's much easier so I'm sure you'll figure it out. The other nice thing is that we can fully control the menus in it pretty easily so adding options in it is simple.

Let me know if this clears anything up or makes it worse.

Montano
09-19-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm up for a move to the new system Tim. I'll be happy to help test it.

VOIPoTim
09-19-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm up for a move to the new system Tim. I'll be happy to help test it.

Just moved you over to it :)

Montano
09-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Initial testing was almost perfect !! Immediate sms message to my cell. Immediate mms message to my cell and the message left played perfectly on my Blackberry !! When I called in to retrieve the message, it played without any prompting !! No pressing 1 for new messages :)

The only thing that appears not to work is VMWI. I have yet to get a light on my phone, or a stutter tone.

VOIPoTim
09-19-2008, 06:00 PM
The only thing that appears not to work is VMWI. I have yet to get a light on my phone, or a stutter tone.

This we need to add back in the beginning of the week. It doesn't seem to be updated with the change to new system.

NY Tel Guy
09-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Since you're having issues with the old system, I'm moving you to the new one. It's still being tested, but should work better. Greetings, PINs, messages, etc should remain because it's using the same DB.

I'm going to post an outline of the menu options in it soon, but it's much easier so I'm sure you'll figure it out. The other nice thing is that we can fully control the menus in it pretty easily so adding options in it is simple.

Let me know if this clears anything up or makes it worse.Ok my first impression immediately is:

1. Sound quality - Excellent, better than the old one

2. Menu quality - Also good - the prompts sound professional, not like Aunt Bea from the Andy Griffith show

3. The additional options "tree" has a defect in that after you listen to it, you are offered choices and if you select option 5 for additional options it runs through choice 1, 2, 3 etc and when it gets to choice 6....she says:
"press 6 goodbye" and it dumps the call"

4. at the end of a message it says Press 5 to return this call yet if you perss 5 for that option, it switches to the other tree for additional options (the one mentioned in item 3 - and it dumps the call.

5. When recording a greeting it says: "chose a greeting between 1 and 9" but it does not tell you the significance of the numeric values and then once you select greeting 1 or 2 or 3 - you are not given a choice of which one to use.

6. It DID send me a notification via emailwhich the other one did hit or miss.

So far so good, and as I said - the quality of the prompts and my recorded voice are some of the best I've heard so far. Must be using a different compression ratio/algorithm than others offer or the data link between the voice "switch" and the voice mail system is a good one.
Overall it is a better system and I guess until you migrage everyone, the only way to access from outside the voipo world is to call yourself.

VOIPoTim
09-19-2008, 06:05 PM
I'll mention these to the developers.

I think the Option 6 was meant for the dial out feature so it's missing.

In terms of accessing it, you should be able to use 123 for it like you normally would. Was that not working for you?

Ok my first impression immediately is:

1. Sound quality - Excellent, better than the old one

2. Menu quality - Also good - the prompts sound professional, not like Aunt Bea from the Andy Griffith show

3. The additional options "tree" has a defect in that after you listen to it, you are offered choices and if you select option 5 for additional options it runs through choice 1, 2, 3 etc and when it gets to choice 6....she says:
"press 6 goodbye" and it dumps the call"

4. at the end of a message it says Press 5 to return this call yet if you perss 5 for that option, it switches to the other tree for additional options (the one mentioned in item 3 - and it dumps the call.

5. When recording a greeting it says: "chose a greeting between 1 and 9" but it does not tell you the significance of the numeric values and then once you select greeting 1 or 2 or 3 - you are not given a choice of which one to use.

6. It DID send me a notification via emailwhich the other one did hit or miss.

So far so good, and as I said - the quality of the prompts and my recorded voice are some of the best I've heard so far. Must be using a different compression ratio/algorithm than others offer or the data link between the voice "switch" and the voice mail system is a good one.
Overall it is a better system and I guess until you migrage everyone, the only way to access from outside the voipo world is to call yourself.

NY Tel Guy
09-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Actually, it was working from 123, it was retrieving messages from the outside that was failing.
For some reason it would not vlaidate the password and the minute I went into vpanel and resaved the same password, I was able to get in.
I'm fine testing the new platform since I have not yet given out the number in wide release until we have all finished testing.
More observations: The record your personal message (choices 1 through 9) play the last numeric value recording you choose so it "overwrites" the previous choice.

VOIPoTim
09-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Actually, it was working from 123, it was retrieving messages from the outside that was failing.
For some reason it would not vlaidate the password and the minute I went into vpanel and resaved the same password, I was able to get in.
I'm fine testing the new platform since I have not yet given out the number in wide release until we have all finished testing.
More observations: The record your personal message (choices 1 through 9) play the last numeric value recording you choose so it "overwrites" the previous choice.

My understanding of that numbering system is that you can record up to 9 greetings and then you just "enable" whatever greeting number you want.

NY Tel Guy
09-19-2008, 06:19 PM
My understanding of that numbering system is that you can record up to 9 greetings and then you just "enable" whatever greeting number you want.That is what I thought but I guess the choices have not yet been enabled in the menu tree.
Also - stutter dial tone upon someone leaving a message not yet active.

NY Tel Guy
09-19-2008, 06:45 PM
When you call yourself from the outside to retrieve messages, you cannot break through with the * key, effectively preventing a user from getting his mail that way.
Also in Vpanel the Save settings Radio button now says:
"Set Settings" yet when you type in a change, it does not set-the settings so any entry you previously had there is "frozen" and can't be changed.

See what a guy can do when his wife is not home? But hey it beats the other dangerous alternatives....lol

gatorrobin
09-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Can you move me to the new system?

SMS notification has never worked one time for me so far.

NY Tel Guy
09-19-2008, 10:33 PM

Bear in mind, until they move the service over completely, you may not have access to your voice mail messages from the outside.

My post above yours describes this. I don't mind since it allowed me to test it but if you need access from outside the confines of your voipo line you might want to wait.

usa2k
09-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Ah, I guess both of mine are the old system!

zevin
09-20-2008, 11:35 AM
I am also having a problem logging into the voice mail system. I was unaware of the upgrade. However I wouldn't mind being moved to the new system also. I will reset the password when I get home to see if that will solve the problem.

VOIPoTim
09-20-2008, 11:38 AM
I am also having a problem logging into the voice mail system. I was unaware of the upgrade. However I wouldn't mind being moved to the new system also. I will reset the password when I get home to see if that will solve the problem.

I just moved you over to the new.

If anyone else wants to move to the new system now vs later when everyone is moved, just reply here and I'll move you. It's just one click.

fisamo
09-20-2008, 11:51 AM
I just moved you over to the new.

If anyone else wants to move to the new system now vs later when everyone is moved, just reply here and I'll move you. It's just one click.

I'd be interested in moving to the new system.

VOIPoTim
09-20-2008, 11:54 AM
I'd be interested in moving to the new system.

Should be all set now.

fisamo
09-20-2008, 12:17 PM
It is, thanks. Although the system hangs up on me (as described above), I still like it better than "Comedian Mail"...

usa2k
09-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Is there a remote access number still?

zevin
09-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Tim- Thanks, the auto login appears to be fixed also. I don't know if it was something you did, but thanks again. I didn't expect you to be working on Sat.

NY Tel Guy
09-20-2008, 04:54 PM
But if you migrate, you will have NO access from the outside till they re-direct the 832-838-7000 number to the new system so switching because you have access problems exacerbates the problem.
Be careful of what you wish for.......;)

usa2k
09-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Tim,

can you change to new VM for my 734-437-xxxx and 352-399-xxxx numbers?
(Please?)

Still hearing Aunt B.

usa2k
09-20-2008, 06:54 PM
... the 832-838-7000 number ...;)Ah-ha! I did have that in my cell, but now the entry is closer to the start of the cell phone book list. I can accept losing that access if its for exploring the replacement VM system.

NY Tel Guy
09-20-2008, 08:40 PM
It is, thanks. Although the system hangs up on me (as described above), I still like it better than "Comedian Mail"...;) Beware of the dreaded option 6.......

VOIPoTim
09-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Tim,

can you change to new VM for my 734-437-xxxx and 352-399-xxxx numbers?
(Please?)

Still hearing Aunt B.

Done for both of your accounts.

usa2k
09-21-2008, 04:12 AM
Awesome!

Observations for those who want to change now:
(Note: Killer option means AWESOME!)

832-838-7000 gets you to old Comedian Mail and lets you here new ones before the switchover.
Killer option: #4 Send message to Email
Caller of incoming message can review their recording left
After your new message is played ... press 1 for new messages, and then it gets the envelope and can be deleted.
Calling your phone will take a Voice Message

It looks like this will be a worthy addition. Thanks for wanting the best for your customer base! There is obvious refinements before mass switchover. (Advanced options 5 left recording choices, then hung up before picking one) Seemingly there is no way to skip the outgoing message like "#". Pressing any key too soon tells you your message is deleted. Otherwise any key says you are done recording. When leaving a message, any key means done recording. No "*" option as mentioned to directly access your voicemail remotely.

A wish, would be, MP3 format for Voicemail. I hear that works better with GMail.
Add a send details to Text Message option too.

VOIPoTim
09-22-2008, 01:56 AM

Just moved you.

NY Tel Guy
09-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Just moved you.I had the same issue so instead of having it sent as an sms to my Verizon cell which would be:

5162349901 in the SMS field - I instead used the email address the phone has (every provider has one):
In the email field I put:
5162349901@vtext.com (5162345678@vtext.com)

Now I receive them every time within a few seconds.

Try that.

VOIPoTim
09-22-2008, 07:55 AM
I had the same issue so instead of having it sent as an sms to my Verizon cell which would be:

5162349901 in the SMS field - I instead used the email address the phone has (every provider has one):
In the email field I put:
5162349901@vtext.com (5162345678@vtext.com)

Now I receive them every time within a few seconds.

Try that.

Actually you should be putting the SMS email in the SMS field, not the number itself. We need to clarify that.

NY Tel Guy
09-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Actually you should be putting the SMS email in the SMS field, not the number itself. We need to clarify that.That makes sense but some of the wireless carriers only require that you enter the digits alone when doing anything SMS.

Additionally, the e-mail field in Voice mail is currently "Locked" in that if I try to change the entry I have in there now, it gives me a blank page upon "set settings" ans reverts back to my previous entry.

VOIPoTim
09-22-2008, 08:01 AM
That makes sense but some of the wireless carriers only require that you enter the digits alone when doing anything SMS.

Additionally, the e-mail field in Voice mail is currently "Locked" in that if I try to change the entry I have in there now, it gives me a blank page upon "set settings" ans reverts back to my previous entry.

The blank page should be fixed shortly. It's on my list I gave to VOIPoRay to look of bugs with this new voicemail system to fix today.

NY Tel Guy
09-22-2008, 02:59 PM
The blank page should be fixed shortly. It's on my list I gave to VOIPoRay to look of bugs with this new voicemail system to fix today.Fixed now, thanks.

VOIPoTim
09-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Most of the reported issues for the new system should be resolved for those using it. MWI light and stutter tone should be active. You shouldn't get disconnected, etc.

Ray should finish up the remaining items with it like option 5, etc tomorrow.

NY Tel Guy
09-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Most of the reported issues for the new system should be resolved for those using it. MWI light and stutter tone should be active. You shouldn't get disconnected, etc.

Ray should finish up the remaining items with it like option 5, etc tomorrow.Thanks - that's good news.

Will we soon be able to call our own number from anywhere and hit the * key to access Voice Mail or will it just be through the 832-888-7000 portal?

VOIPoTim
09-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks - that's good news.

Will we soon be able to call our own number from anywhere and hit the * key to access Voice Mail or will it just be through the 832-888-7000 portal?

I'll double check tomorrow, but I'm assuming this will be the case. It's a pretty standard feature so I can't imagine leaving it out.

quattrohead
09-22-2008, 05:18 PM
I think this is the biggest missing item right now, I look forward to getting into VM remotely and only having to remember my numbers !!!!

usa2k
09-23-2008, 04:51 AM

Ray should finish up the remaining items with it like option 5, etc tomorrow.
I only quickly looked, but it seems no stutter or MWI yet ...

Do I need to reboot both ATAs?

VOIPoTim
09-23-2008, 05:32 AM
I only quickly looked, but it seems no stutter or MWI yet ...

Do I need to reboot both ATAs?

Did you leave a new message or were you looking for it for old ones? If not new, try leaving a new one. It won't be triggered for existing messages.

gatorrobin
09-23-2008, 07:03 AM
Bear in mind, until they move the service over completely, you may not have access to your voice mail messages from the outside.

My post above yours describes this. I don't mind since it allowed me to test it but if you need access from outside the confines of your voipo line you might want to wait.

Thanks for the tip, but I never try or need to access it remotely, so that won't be a problem for me.

gatorrobin
09-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Actually you should be putting the SMS email in the SMS field, not the number itself. We need to clarify that.

Well, I guess that's why I have never received a SMS alert for VM LOL

It said SMS so I just entered my cell #.

I'll update to my sms email :)

VOIPoTim
09-23-2008, 08:51 AM
I'll double check tomorrow, but I'm assuming this will be the case. It's a pretty standard feature so I can't imagine leaving it out.

This was just added in and should be up now. The return call option should also be working.

NY Tel Guy
09-23-2008, 09:44 AM
This was just added in and should be up now. The return call option should also be working.The star (*) code does (now) break through the outgoing recording and asks you for your password. I had to go into Vpanel and re-set my password before it would give me access. Perhaps when changes are being made to the system, a global password erasure is happening?

Also, when I pressed choice 5 to return the call after listening to the message, it did not call me back on my cell but presented me with the "You have 0 new messages VM tree. That needs some tweaking.
Thanks for the * code access, that is helpful.

usa2k
09-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Did you leave a new message or were you looking for it for old ones? If not new, try leaving a new one. It won't be triggered for existing messages.I left messages from my cell in the 352-399-xxxx NS 734-437-xxxx and got neither stutter or VMWI.

I'll reboot them and retry.
(Both are not behind NAT BTW.)

EDIT: No success here. Should I submit a ticket?

VOIPoTim
09-23-2008, 04:44 PM
I left messages from my cell in the 352-399-xxxx NS 734-437-xxxx and got neither stutter or VMWI.

I'll reboot them and retry.
(Both are not behind NAT BTW.)

EDIT: No success here. Should I submit a ticket?

Nope, no need to submit a ticket. Ray will look at it tomorrow to see if something was missed with it.

Brian
09-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Can you switch me over (240-215-xxxx)? When my port completes and I setup VM for my ported number, will that automatically be on the new system?

usa2k
09-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Already did -- you can close it though.

Montano
09-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Only thing I found wrong today is that the timestamp is 7 hours ahead of me here in Cali.

VOIPoTim
09-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Already did -- you can close it though.

Reboot your ATA now and you should have MWI.

usa2k
09-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Reboot your ATA now and you should have MWI.OK test messages (one on each) left after rebooting both GS devices.

So far no MWI
352-399-xxxx gets stutter tone now (This is my recently added account.)
734-437-xxxx does not get any indication. (This is my oldest account.)

Correction MWI for the new Florida number.

My OLD account is less cooperative.

I get emails from both. One was our dentist and I had my wife check and she had issues pressing 7 for delete. Delete worked fine for me on the newer Florida number.

I could delete them fine as saved messages. I notice if you have no saved messages, but choose 2 to see if there are saved messages it parrots "You have zero new messages".

NY Tel Guy
09-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Only thing I found wrong today is that the timestamp is 7 hours ahead of me here in Cali.

1. Yes the VM system is also ahead for me but naturally only 4 hours ahead.
2. No Message waiting indicator (Is it supposed to work with the GS?)
3. Call return worked once for me and now when I tried it again, it sent me into the "you have zero new messages tree".

usa2k
09-24-2008, 06:51 PM
A test message was 12:35 instead of 8:35 in the evening for the MI number.
Email had that time stamp too, but email message received was correct.

The FL number did not show any instant MWI . . . . . . . . . . . . . picking up the line, there is a stutter tone .... and now the MWI is active.

FL time off by same amount.

I also do not like the lack of previous message option,
and lack of replay message envelope option.

BTW, do most of you find you sing test VM recordings, or otherwise act in some idiot fashion? :D

Beta testing is fun! Its an art of reassuring the wife, and getting to help out :) :)

NY Tel Guy
09-24-2008, 07:35 PM
When I record "test messages" I try to read something so I don't stumble and it is my chance to sharpen my voice for my next job recording books on tape.

VOIPoTim
09-24-2008, 07:56 PM
We're getting there. Hopefully we'll keep making progress and you guys will keep finding these things and we'll have the new VM system 100% by end of week.

The good thing about this system is that it's completely customizable in terms of adding things to it, changing menus around (think dial out), etc.

Asterisk you can in theory make those changes, but it is a HUGE hassle to do it. The biggest reason I wanted to move away from Asterisk is that it doesn't scale well, can be unstable with a lot of use, and I think there was always a certain choppiness to the recordings/prompts on it no matter what we did.

It's designed for a PBX in a small office...not to be used in large scale. I still wonder how we made it when we used it for ViaTalk....when we launched VT it was all 1 nice little Asterisk server...not just voicemail, but the whole thing. Of course VT has evolved since then with more servers and now their new stuff, but it does bring back some memories.

usa2k
09-24-2008, 08:41 PM
When I record "test messages" I try to read something so I don't stumble and it is my chance to sharpen my voice for my next job recording books on tape. What's a tape :rolleyes:

fisamo
09-24-2008, 09:20 PM
I got stutter tone on my PAP2T after leaving a test message this evening. The phone on my line doesn't have a MWI light, though. :)

VOIPoRay
09-25-2008, 08:20 AM
For those of you still having issues with MWI.... We've noticed several users that are registering to something other than sip.voipwelcome.com (i.e. zeus, codeblue, etc)

The MWI will not work on the new system unless registered to sip.voipwelcome.com.

For those of you that are being provisioned by our system, you should only need to power cycle your GS device. For others, you actually have to manually log into your device and set the proxy or registrar to sip.voipwelcome.com

I'll be working on the timezones issue shortly and will post back on that as new information is avaialable.

Here are the users that are registering to different hostnames. If you see your number (well, or close to it ;-)) then you need to take one of the actions mentioned above to get MWI to work.
+--------------+----------------------+
| TN | Registrar |
| 212-372-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 248-646-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 303-974-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 305-777-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 309-661-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 309-807-XXXX | codeblue.voipo.com |
| 313-887-XXXX | codeblue.voipo.com |
| 360-552-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 360-552-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 407-545-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 413-420-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 423-443-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 507-288-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 508-697-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 513-257-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 513-258-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 630-723-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 660-530-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 713-405-XXXX | codeblue.voipo.com |
| 734-437-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 832-295-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 832-295-XXXX | codeblue.voipo.com |
| 832-415-XXXX | codeblue.voipo.com |
| 832-446-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 832-626-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 832-626-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 832-838-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 901-881-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 954-707-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |
| 973-883-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |

NY Tel Guy
09-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks Ray.
Since I am at the top of your list with (212) 372-XXXX
I have a Grandstream and did re-boot via unplugging.

Is there another thing I should try or can I set the proxy by pressing the button on the adapter? Of course after that, I am lost since I don't have a manual.

Thanks

VOIPoRay
09-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Is there another thing I should try

Well, It looks like your ATA hasn't picket up a config from us since august sometime, so you might need to set that up in the web ui of the ATA.

it should be set up for "Upgrade Via" http and the "Configure Server Path" should be provision.voipo.com

chpalmer
09-25-2008, 10:46 AM
what should the "Configure Server Path" = on the Grandstream?

Its not getting updated..

Edit- I see the above post appeared as I was posting... Thanks Ray!

VOIPoTim
09-25-2008, 10:47 AM

Its not getting updated..

provision.voipo.com

Also like Ray said, make sure the method is set to http.

NY Tel Guy
09-25-2008, 10:48 AM

Its not getting updated..More importantly, How do I upgrade via the web UI?
Plug a pc into the back of the GS and then what?

Thanks

chpalmer
09-25-2008, 10:53 AM
NY tel guy... Do you know its IP address on your network?

VOIPoRay
09-25-2008, 10:57 AM
dial ***, when asked to enter an option, press 02. The device should then tell you the ip address that (if any) it's using.

if you have the device and a pc hooked up to the same router (or hub) then you can enter the ip address in the browser of your pc (i.e. http://192.168.1.4) and login there to change the necessary options.

chpalmer
09-25-2008, 11:02 AM
I just dialed 123 and after about 20 seconds the girl said "Good Bye" and then a busy signal...

(360)

NY Tel Guy
09-25-2008, 11:10 AM
dial ***, when asked to enter an option, press 02. The device should then tell you the ip address that (if any) it's using.

if you have the device and a pc hooked up to the same router (or hub) then you can enter the ip address in the browser of your pc (i.e. http://192.168.1.4) and login there to change the necessary options.Ok I figured out the IP address from the 7 entries in my router and got to the login page.
All I need now is the password.

Thanks Chpalmer and Ray.

NY Tel Guy
09-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Ok just for fun, I have gone totally shameless and added a profile picture and an album, showing the rapid deterioration we all live through.....;)

burris
09-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Ok just for fun, I have gone totally shameless and added a profile picture and an album, showing the rapid deterioration we all live through.....;)

Shameless, indeed.. ;)

NY Tel Guy
09-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Shameless, indeed.. ;)
what is a shame that my damn hair fell out so early.;)

Then the bags under my eyes and it's like a roller coaster that stops going up and only goes down...lol

VOIPoTim
09-25-2008, 01:24 PM
what is a shame that my damn hair fell out so early.;)

Then the bags under my eyes and it's like a roller coaster that stops going up and only goes down...lol

Was it mostly in the last year or so while you were a VT customer?

I mean let's give credit where credit is due.

quattrohead
09-25-2008, 01:44 PM
I appear to be in the list, have IP and login screen, just need the password.

NY Tel Guy
09-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Was it mostly in the last year or so while you were a VT customer?

I mean let's give credit where credit is due.
Yes, the one where I have all my hair was January 06 and then current one is after I tried to unsuccessfully to complete 3 calls in a row on VT. ;)

varaonaid
09-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Hey there,

Just curious, should the 123 work now for checking VM? It's isn't working for me. I was getting a stutter tone and flashing on the Grandstream but rebooted it when the 123 wasn't working and when I realized that the VM service was being upgraded. The stutter tone and flashing light weren't working when it rebooted (even though I have new VM) and 123 didn't either. Dialing the 832-878-7000 does work to access it. Also strange, when I dialed either my own VOIPo number (from my VOIPo phone) or 123, it goes to my failover number rather than to VM. I have call forwarding completely disabled so it has to be going via the failover which I don't understand since the VOIPo number (other than the few VM glitches listed above) is working perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Rae

usa2k
09-25-2008, 03:56 PM
| 734-437-XXXX | zeus.voipwelcome.com |Well ... I thought the GS was under VOIPo control?
I changed it to "welcome" and it seemed to stick.

The GS immediately gets the green flash on the GS.
No MWI though.
Definitely a Stutter Tone.

And now about 90 seconds later, MWI showed up.
Thank you!

Is there something VOIPo needs to do to ensure it is managed by VOIPo?
Time is 4 hours ahead of my EST time right now.

VOIPoTim
09-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Is there something VOIPo needs to do to ensure it is managed by VOIPo?
Time is 4 hours ahead of my EST time right now.

It needs to have the "Config Server Path" set to provision.voipo.com and the MAC in our system.

I know some of the very very early ones were never setup like that and put in the system so that's why some lingering ones weren't/aren't being updated.

christcorp
09-25-2008, 05:45 PM
I just opened an online ticket for voicemail. Probably should have started searching here first. The 123 doesn't work. The 832-838-7000 works fine. I went in there and retrieved the messages from my Beta number and then deleted it. Unfortunately, my phone's MWI light is still flashing and I still get a stutter dialtone on the beta number. Another strange thing is that I can't get into the vpanel for my beta number either, so I couldn't go there and delete the voicemail from there.

On my primary ported residential number, I can get to vpanel and delete voicemails. However, when I called my residential to see if voicemail was working, I no longer have my vm message. It has the default voice saying the number is not available, or whatever, please leave a message. I still can't dial 123 and get voicemail, but at least I can access it from the vpanel or 832 number. Later.... Mike.....

VOIPoTim
09-25-2008, 06:06 PM
I just opened an online ticket for voicemail. Probably should have started searching here first. The 123 doesn't work. The 832-838-7000 works fine. I went in there and retrieved the messages from my Beta number and then deleted it. Unfortunately, my phone's MWI light is still flashing and I still get a stutter dialtone on the beta number. Another strange thing is that I can't get into the vpanel for my beta number either, so I couldn't go there and delete the voicemail from there.

On my primary ported residential number, I can get to vpanel and delete voicemails. However, when I called my residential to see if voicemail was working, I no longer have my vm message. It has the default voice saying the number is not available, or whatever, please leave a message. I still can't dial 123 and get voicemail, but at least I can access it from the vpanel or 832 number. Later.... Mike.....

Try 123 now and see if that is resolved. Your account was pointed to the new system in one place and not in the other so the 123 was accessing the old system.

We're looking into the other issues in ticket.

VOIPoTim
09-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey there,

Just curious, should the 123 work now for checking VM? It's isn't working for me. I was getting a stutter tone and flashing on the Grandstream but rebooted it when the 123 wasn't working and when I realized that the VM service was being upgraded. The stutter tone and flashing light weren't working when it rebooted (even though I have new VM) and 123 didn't either. Dialing the 832-878-7000 does work to access it. Also strange, when I dialed either my own VOIPo number (from my VOIPo phone) or 123, it goes to my failover number rather than to VM. I have call forwarding completely disabled so it has to be going via the failover which I don't understand since the VOIPo number (other than the few VM glitches listed above) is working perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Rae

Try 123 now. You were partially pointed to old and partially to new, so I'm assuming the failover was triggered when it could not route to old.

Zarniwoop
09-25-2008, 07:49 PM
If I dial 123 it just goes to the failover number, my wife's cell phone, after about 15 seconds...

If I call my own # from itself, it goes to failover instantly with no delay.

If I call 832-838-7000 it asks for my phone # but it works.

801-649-xxxx

Thanks for the help Tim!

darylo
09-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Voicemail is not working on my end either.

christcorp
09-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Both my residential number and my beta number still give dead air when i dial 123. I rebooted both adapters. mike....

chpalmer
09-25-2008, 09:29 PM
If I call 832-838-7000, I get some insurance company right now. :eek:

123 not working for me.

360-552

GTOJim
09-26-2008, 12:46 AM
123 not working for me.

usa2k
09-26-2008, 04:29 AM
It needs to have the "Config Server Path" set to provision.voipo.com and the MAC in our system.

I know some of the very very early ones were never setup like that and put in the system so that's why some lingering ones weren't/aren't being updated.It has the right provision path.

VOIPo pushed a firmware back when GS glitched with a release.
I'll sent MAC via ticket to have it rechecked.

varaonaid
09-26-2008, 08:46 AM
Try 123 now. You were partially pointed to old and partially to new, so I'm assuming the failover was triggered when it could not route to old.

123 works now to access primary VM. However, Virtual Number is completely down now - doesn't work to call it at all and have tried it from several phones. This seems to be directly related to it's VM. When I disabled it, calls go through. Now that I re-enabled it, calls won't go through - I get various error numbers from different phones/cell providers ("your call cannot be completed as dialed", or "the network is busy").

I rebooted the GS but no difference.

VOIPoTim
09-26-2008, 10:23 AM
123 works now to access primary VM. However, Virtual Number is completely down now - doesn't work to call it at all and have tried it from several phones. This seems to be directly related to it's VM. When I disabled it, calls go through. Now that I re-enabled it, calls won't go through - I get various error numbers from different phones/cell providers ("your call cannot be completed as dialed", or "the network is busy").

I have someone working on this for your right now.

VOIPoTim
09-26-2008, 10:34 AM

Please test this now and confirm that it is resolved.

Brian
09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Tim were you able to migrate me?

varaonaid
09-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Please test this now and confirm that it is resolved.

Thanks for sorting it out so quickly. Yes, I can confirm that it's working now. I can tell a change was definitely made because I lost my previous VM greeting (no big deal at all, I needed to rerecord anyway) so it's definitely working now. Again, many thanks.

On a side note, when I call myself from my VOIPo line, it routes to my failover number then back to VOIPo VM. I have no problem with that but wondered if that is the expected behavior. For some reason, I thought failover was for network outages rather than the line being busy (which is what I'm assuming it's interpreting is the case when I call myself from my VOIPo line) but more than likely, my understanding was simply incorrect.

christcorp
09-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Voicemail dialing 123 seems to be working fine now on both my residential as well as my beta lines. Much better and cleaner system. The only drawback is the internal timer. It averages about 7 seconds on the residential line from the time 1-2-3 is dialed. It takes about 12 seconds on the beta line. 7 seconds may not seem long, but it does seem to be a little bit if you are expecting the voicemail response to kick in. The 12 seconds on the beta is definitely long, but it's the beta line so I don't really care about that one. 7 seconds on the residential is fine. Just need to let my wife know to just hang in there for an extra second or two. Thx for getting it taken care of. Later... Mike.....

VOIPoTim
09-26-2008, 05:24 PM
When these issues started coming up today, I had all the VM stuff checked over because this was a pretty sloppy transition after seeing the issues from today.

Everything should be fixed now with the exception of MWI and the timezone when listening to the timestamp on the phone. Those two items should be fixed next week.

The timezones should be correct for e-mailed messages, the Web UI, etc.

Everyone is on the new system now. If anyone is seeing issues besides those two things, please send in a ticket.

I apologize for the messy transition. Like I said, we addressed that situation today and future upgrades should be smoother.

darylo
09-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Voicemail dialing 123 seems to be working fine now on both my residential as well as my beta lines. Much better and cleaner system. The only drawback is the internal timer. It averages about 7 seconds on the residential line from the time 1-2-3 is dialed. It takes about 12 seconds on the beta line. 7 seconds may not seem long, but it does seem to be a little bit if you are expecting the voicemail response to kick in. The 12 seconds on the beta is definitely long, but it's the beta line so I don't really care about that one. 7 seconds on the residential is fine. Just need to let my wife know to just hang in there for an extra second or two. Thx for getting it taken care of. Later... Mike.....
I use 123# and it is extremely fast. I program that into the uniden phone so the wife just hits the voicemail button and it auto dials.

darylo
09-27-2008, 09:50 PM
When these issues started coming up today, I had all the VM stuff checked over because this was a pretty sloppy transition after seeing the issues from today.

Everything should be fixed now with the exception of MWI and the timezone when listening to the timestamp on the phone. Those two items should be fixed next week.

The timezones should be correct for e-mailed messages, the Web UI, etc.

Everyone is on the new system now. If anyone is seeing issues besides those two things, please send in a ticket.

I apologize for the messy transition. Like I said, we addressed that situation today and future upgrades should be smoother.

So was it normal then to lose the greeting that we previously had?

varaonaid
09-28-2008, 07:06 AM

I lost our greeting.

VOIPoTim
09-28-2008, 08:41 AM

I was told that wasn't supposed to happen because it was one of the things on the migration checklist, but it sounds like the greetings were not copied over from the posts.

I'll find out exactly what happened with those Monday.

I'll be the first to say this voicemail migration did NOT go as planned, so this coming week we've got to first address any remaining issues with it and then determine where the breakdown in the plan was in terms of what caused it to have so many issues.

christcorp
09-28-2008, 11:22 AM
It may not have gone as planned; but the voicemail system is shoulders about the previous system. Plus, we are still in beta, so crap should happen at times. As long as you know why, that is all that matters. I definitely think the new voicemail works fine. later... mike....

NY Tel Guy
09-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Just another observation:

When the voice mail notification gets sent to my e-mail address, the date is off by 39 years........:eek:

Voicemail from "Bob's AT&T Cell - Bob's Samsung Blackjack II" <61758XXXX> 00:00:25Message From "Bob's Cell 617584XXXX (tel:6175840836)
Created: Wednesday, December 31 1969, 07 00 PM
Duration: 00:00:25
Account: 212372XXXX@sip.voipwelcome.com

VOIPoTim
09-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Just another observation:

When the voice mail notification gets sent to my e-mail address, the date is off by 39 years........:eek:

Voicemail from "Bob's AT&T Cell - Bob's Samsung Blackjack II" <61758XXXX> 00:00:25Message From "Bob's Cell 617584XXXX (tel:6175840836)
Created: Wednesday, December 31 1969, 07 00 PM
Duration: 00:00:25
Account: 212372XXXX@sip.voipwelcome.com

At least we went backwards so we look innovative. Who knew VOIPo'd be emailing out voicemails 15 years before I was born? Now that's an accomplishment.

I'll add this to Monday's list.

burris
09-28-2008, 04:48 PM
At least we went backwards so we look innovative. Who knew VOIPo'd be emailing out voicemails 15 years before I was born? Now that's an accomplishment.

I'll add this to Monday's list.

Wake up, Tim....

You must stop living in the past..;)

NY Tel Guy
09-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Wake up, Tim....

You must stop living in the past..;)Yeah reminds me of that movie that was out in the year 2000 entitled "Memento"

If you have not seen it, it is worth picking up a DVD or whatever:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209144/

usa2k
09-28-2008, 06:28 PM
A rather dark movie, but alright.
IMO If you like that, be sure to see "The Butterfly Effect".
The sequel does not compare though.

VOIPoRay
09-29-2008, 10:08 AM
A rather dark movie, but alright.
IMO If you like that, be sure to see "The Butterfly Effect".
The sequel does not compare though.

yeah, the sequel definitely wasn't on the same scale. but deja vu is another pretty decent one if you're in to the whole multi-dimensional time travel sort of thing.

maybe if i wasn't so busy watching movies... voicemail would be working now ;)

NY Tel Guy
09-29-2008, 10:14 AM
yeah, the sequel definitely wasn't on the same scale. but deja vu is another pretty decent one if you're in to the whole multi-dimensional time travel sort of thing.

maybe if i wasn't so busy watching movies... voicemail would be working now ;)lol

As of 12:13 EDT, the 832 838-7000 number is dumping calls to it from my Verizon Wireless cell, and from my AT&T cell it gives me a "your call cannot be completed as dialed message" From my employer's Global Crossing Voip line, it just dumps the call.
If I call myself and let it answer and press *, that works.
Figured you'd want to know.

VOIPoRay
09-29-2008, 10:31 AM
lol

As of 12:13 EDT, the 832 838-7000 number is dumping calls to it from my Verizon Wireless cell, and from my AT&T cell it gives me a "your call cannot be completed as dialed message" From my employer's Global Crossing Voip line, it just dumps the call.
If I call myself and let it answer and press *, that works.
Figured you'd want to know.

how about now? i noticed that and it should be fixed as of right now.

NY Tel Guy
09-29-2008, 10:33 AM
how about now? i noticed that and it should be fixed as of right now.
Yup, working now. What was it?

VOIPoRay
09-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Yup, working now. What was it?

you don't really wanna know.

more to the point, i dont' really wanna tell you ;-)

it was actually just a small oversight where the two vm systems were "fighting" over that number

VOIPoRay
09-29-2008, 01:41 PM
MWI should now be working correctly. Anyone still having problems with this please post back.

fisamo
09-29-2008, 01:48 PM
So, out of curiosity, does this mean that everyone should be migrated to the new system now?

VOIPoRay
09-29-2008, 02:02 PM
So, out of curiosity, does this mean that everyone should be migrated to the new system now?

That's the theory, yes.... barring any more small issues that might come up. Are you having issues? not noticing anything changed, etc?

NY Tel Guy
09-29-2008, 02:15 PM
That's the theory, yes.... barring any more small issues that might come up. Are you having issues? not noticing anything changed, etc?
I'd wager that "some" of the members here have enough "issues" to write a book.:eek:

VOIPoRay
09-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I'd wager that "some" of the members here have enough "issues" to write a book.:eek:

speaking of "issues" are your timestamps still of by several decades?

fisamo
09-29-2008, 02:42 PM

Sorry for inducing any panic... I haven't noticed any issues, but I haven't checked much, either. One minor issue I had noticed was that some of the old messages were showing up in my vpanel, but when I deleted them, they stayed gone. I haven't tested the system much in the past few days--maybe some tonight, and if I have issues (at least, those I'm willing to discuss... :eek: ), I'll be sure to let you know. :)

NY Tel Guy
09-29-2008, 03:02 PM
speaking of "issues" are your timestamps still of by several decades?
The timestamp on the email and SMS notifications are now correct. The voicemail system voice time stamp is still 4 hours ahead of EDT.
I just left myself a message at 4:57 and that's what the email said however the voice said: 8:57 PM.

We are making progress.
Thanks

VOIPoTim
09-29-2008, 08:39 PM
How is voicemail working for everyone now since the switch?

NY Tel Guy
09-30-2008, 07:44 PM
How is voicemail working for everyone now since the switch?
Ok since no one else has responded, I'll chime in.

All seems well with:

The e-mail time stamp is current
The Vpanel time stamp entry is current
The 832 838-7000 number works
Pressing * when dialing yourself breaks through the outgoing message allowing you to retrieve messages that way.

Still to be resolved:

The voice time stamp on the voice mail system is still 4 hours ahead of EDT
The "press 5 to return this call" still gets you to a different menu tree.

But overall,it is a much improved system over Aunt Bea....
Anyone else have any additional observations?

GTOJim
10-01-2008, 01:53 AM
My greeting was lost in the move to the new system and I can not record a new greeting.

Pressing 5 for advanced options, then pressing 1 to record a greeting gives a message to choose greeting press 1-9.

Pressing 2 gives the exact same message, choose greeting press 1-9.

Pressing 1 does not allow me record a greeting.

Thanks

varaonaid
10-01-2008, 06:31 AM
My greeting was lost in the move to the new system and I can not record a new greeting.

Pressing 5 for advanced options, then pressing 1 to record a greeting gives a message to choose greeting press 1-9.

Pressing 2 gives the exact same message, choose greeting press 1-9.

Pressing 1 does not allow me record a greeting.

Thanks

Very strange. I had no problems recording my greeting and I chose "1" when they told me to choose 1-9.

GTOJim
10-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Very strange. I had no problems recording my greeting and I chose "1" when they told me to choose 1-9.

After reading your post I was able to record a greeting.

I thought I had to make a choice of picking a greeting 1-9, per the recorded message. You are correct, pressing 1 again allowed me to record a greeting. I stopped when I heard the message to pick 1-9. I did not try to see what was behind door number 1 so to speak.

Instead I tried it again pressing 5 advanced options, then pressing 2 which gives the exact same recorded message as pressing 1.

Thanks
Jim

NY Tel Guy
10-01-2008, 04:30 PM

I thought I had to make a choice of picking a greeting 1-9, per the recorded message. You are correct, pressing 1 again allowed me to record a greeting. I stopped when I heard the message to pick 1-9. I did not try to see what was behind door number 1 so to speak.

Instead I tried it again pressing 5 advanced options, then pressing 2 which gives the exact same recorded message as pressing 1.

Thanks
JimThat's called Voice Mail jumble. Push a button and get a surprise....;)

varaonaid
10-01-2008, 08:36 PM

Thanks
Jim

Interesting. I had kinda hoped by the inference of choosing 1-9 that we could save up to 9 greetings and rotate them by choosing the number, though I hadn't had time to try it out. Guess that's not the case.

And I only found out about pressing one of the numbers to record the greeting by trial and error. It's not very clear from the prompts but it does work.

Glad you got it working!

NY Tel Guy
10-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Interesting. I had kinda hoped by the inference of choosing 1-9 that we could save up to 9 greetings and rotate them by choosing the number, though I hadn't had time to try it out. Guess that's not the case.

And I only found out about pressing one of the numbers to record the greeting by trial and error. It's not very clear from the prompts but it does work.

Glad you got it working!I have 2 messages recorded designated as 1 and 2
I have successfully switched back and forth between the two messages.
I think that if you only record one greeting, no matter which numeric value you pick, you will hear that lone recording.
I could be wrong though.
I was wrong only once in my life.....It was when I thought I had made a mistake.:p

The VM prompts do need some cleanup because the use of the words "press 2 to save the message" is confusing because she really should be saying Press 2 to SEND this message.

Experiment with recording and saving a few recordings under different numbers, then activate each one and call yourself.
From my days in the Bell System we would always put a message number at the end of each distinct recording so we could identify routing issues when they cropped up.
1 - Hi this is Bob, leave a message.....blah, blah.....Recording 1
2. Hi this Bob, leave a message....blah...blah....Recording 2
and so on and so forth.
Only way to truly test without driving yourself crazy.

GTOJim
10-02-2008, 12:30 AM
That's called Voice Mail jumble. Push a button and get a surprise....;)

Thank you for the great advice. Next time I will be more adventurous.

VOIPoRay
10-02-2008, 07:20 AM

That actually is the case.

From the main menu 5->1 will let you record any messages 1-9.

If you already have messages recorded for later use, 5->2 will let you select your pre-recorded messages 1-9 for immediate use without the need of recording them over. This option could be used in a number of ways.

Record messages as follows (option 5 from the main menu then option 1):

You've reached <your name here>, I'm not able to come to the phone, please leave a message.
You've reached <your name here>, I'm out to lunch. Please leave a message and i'll call you back as soon as i return
You've reached <your name here>, I'm on vacation. In the event of an emergency, contact <some other guy> at <some phone number>
You've reached <your name here>, I'm currently playing super parent by being a chaperone on my child's field trip, leave me a message and i'll call you back.... if i can

Then later, you can easily select between them by choosing option 5 from the main menu then option 2 and select 1-4 respectively.

NOTE: if you don't have greeting 5 recorded, but you try to choose greeting 5, you'll get an "invalid entry" error message

I'd be interested in hearing what issues people are running into with this and other features of the VM. Or is it just the lack of documentation on it?

quattrohead
10-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi Ray, Yes we need a fully working website with documentation. I don't know where billing is etc.
I know its the job all us techys hate to do, but it is the only missing part !!!!

digger16309
10-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi Ray, Yes we need a fully working website with documentation. I don't know where billing is etc.
I know its the job all us techys hate to do, but it is the only missing part !!!!

Isn't it this?

https://secure.voipo.com/billing

VOIPoTim
10-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Isn't it this?

https://secure.voipo.com/billing

No, that is not live. You should be using billing.voipo.com.

I'll have the link redirected, did you find a link to that somewhere?

digger16309
10-03-2008, 05:10 PM
No, that is not live. You should be using billing.voipo.com.

I'll have the link redirected, did you find a link to that somewhere?

No, I lost the e-mail that had the billing link, if I was sent one, I forget.

So I just put that URL in and billing info came up that looked right.

varaonaid
10-03-2008, 09:31 PM
That actually is the case.

From the main menu 5->1 will let you record any messages 1-9.

If you already have messages recorded for later use, 5->2 will let you select your pre-recorded messages 1-9 for immediate use without the need of recording them over. This option could be used in a number of ways.

Record messages as follows (option 5 from the main menu then option 1):

You've reached <your name here>, I'm not able to come to the phone, please leave a message.
You've reached <your name here>, I'm out to lunch. Please leave a message and i'll call you back as soon as i return
You've reached <your name here>, I'm on vacation. In the event of an emergency, contact <some other guy> at <some phone number>
You've reached <your name here>, I'm currently playing super parent by being a chaperone on my child's field trip, leave me a message and i'll call you back.... if i can

Then later, you can easily select between them by choosing option 5 from the main menu then option 2 and select 1-4 respectively.

NOTE: if you don't have greeting 5 recorded, but you try to choose greeting 5, you'll get an "invalid entry" error message

I'd be interested in hearing what issues people are running into with this and other features of the VM. Or is it just the lack of documentation on it?

Thanks for explaining. That's very cool. I'll have to have some fun now recording messages!

And yes, it's the lack of documentation. Just some of the basics would help to have in the knowledgebase such as the shortcuts, how to dial in to check VM remotely, and the info you posted above. I know we pretty much know the basics at this point, but I'm thinking for new signups, it will be rather important to have.

VOIPoTim
10-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I know we pretty much know the basics at this point, but I'm thinking for new signups, it will be rather important to have.

This is basically the main thing we're waiting on before pushing things more and opening the floodgates.

Right now the focus is really on documentation, presentation, polishing, and training.

varaonaid
10-04-2008, 11:25 AM
This is basically the main thing we're waiting on before pushing things more and opening the floodgates.

Right now the focus is really on documentation, presentation, polishing, and training.

That makes a lot of sense. The service is great and so is the support. So once you have the documentation, that will be awesome.

fisamo
10-05-2008, 01:47 PM
And I will emphasize my kudos to you for waiting on the launch until the documentation is ready. That will make your lives much easier and the overall public perception of the service much better. :thumbsup: