PDA

View Full Version : Cid

burris
11-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Starting this morning, all incoming calls are showing the number, but name comes up as "Not Available."

Anything we should know about?

voxabox
11-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Starting this morning, all incoming calls are showing the number, but name comes up as "Not Available."

Anything we should know about?
IIRC, it worked for me this morning
perhaps, they're working on my wish list (item #2);)

GTOJim
11-07-2008, 12:07 PM
My phone is not working this morning, must be system maintenance

VOIPoTim
11-07-2008, 01:21 PM
My phone is not working this morning, must be system maintenance

The Caller ID lookup issue was related to a problem the Lookup Provider was having.

In terms of service itself not working, there isn't anything going on. Go ahead and open a ticket if you haven't already so we can take a look for you.

GTOJim
11-07-2008, 02:05 PM
The Caller ID lookup issue was related to a problem the Lookup Provider was having.

In terms of service itself not working, there isn't anything going on. Go ahead and open a ticket if you haven't already so we can take a look for you.

I'm very embarrassed, it was my fault. I unplugged the adapter last night, intending to do a few things then plug it in. I totally forgot about it and went to bed. This morning when the phone wasn't working I didn't remember I had left the adapter unplugged.

I must be getting forgetful in my old age.

Jim

burris
11-07-2008, 02:10 PM

Jim

You actually mean there are 2 of us??;)

dswartz
11-07-2008, 02:21 PM
how many? what? eh???

VOIPoTim
11-07-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm very embarrassed, it was my fault. I unplugged the adapter last night, intending to do a few things then plug it in. I totally forgot about it and went to bed. This morning when the phone wasn't working I didn't remember I had left the adapter unplugged.

Jim

Don't worry, you're probably not the only one that has done that just today alone.

We've had some interesting ones. My favorite was the one we spent days troubleshooting, send a replacement ATA, days troubleshooting, etc. Finally the customer asks "well I still don't understand why we have to keep this blue cable unplugged". Apparently her husband had hooked it up that way and left on business and she was troubleshooting with us on her own. Hooked replacement ATA up the way he had it so even installed the new one "the same way" with the blue cable unplugged. :)

burris
11-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Just for the record, about 30 minutes ago, my full CIDs began showing up again..

Thanks....

GTOJim
11-07-2008, 05:03 PM
You actually mean there are 2 of us??;)

LOL

A senior moment, a rolling black out. I'm sure there a lot more jokes I have not heard on this subject.

My VMI started flashing again, no new messages. Am I the only one still having this problem?

Jim

GTOJim
11-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Don't worry, you're probably not the only one that has done that just today alone.

We've had some interesting ones. My favorite was the one we spent days troubleshooting, send a replacement ATA, days troubleshooting, etc. Finally the customer asks "well I still don't understand why we have to keep this blue cable unplugged". Apparently her husband had hooked it up that way and left on business and she was troubleshooting with us on her own. Hooked replacement ATA up the way he had it so even installed the new one "the same way" with the blue cable unplugged. :)

Makes me feel better, I've got a long way to go before I get that bad.

burris
11-07-2008, 05:57 PM
I once did that with a yellow cable...

Does that count? :p

GTOJim
11-07-2008, 06:00 PM
I once did that with a yellow cable...

Does that count? :p

I think Tim should be the judge.

christcorp
11-09-2008, 01:32 AM
That's like troubleshooting a printer because it won't print yellow. Then realizing that using "Yellow Paper" doesn't help. later.... mike....