PDA

View Full Version : Outbound Caller ID

Montano
12-22-2008, 07:59 AM
I know this has been discussed a few times before, but I was wondering if Voipo might offer a 1 time OB CNAM setup for a small fee, similar to how VT goes about adding/changing OB CNAM. I'm very happy with every aspect of Voipo thus far, I just don't like having 'Fresno CA' show up when I call people. I would think that since VT can change what goes out, Voipo would be able to do the same thing. I'm assuming of course that this change is made via Level 3.

Montano
12-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Tim, going by the thread over @ DSLR, I should have OB CNAM since my number was ported in. But it only shows 'Fresno CA'.

VOIPoTim
01-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah all ported numbers should have it. I know of 2 that don't.

In your case they are still denying that they can fix it citing "E911 Not Available".

The problem is Level3 requires an address in that ratecenter that they can provide 911 in before they will register a name. We provide E911 through a third-party and have it there, Level3 claims they directly do not even though we wouldn't be routing it through them anyway.

The only thing we could do in this case is port it to an alternate CLEC if you want to try that. There's just no quick fix for it.

Montano
01-09-2009, 09:01 PM
If you can get my OB CNAM working with another CLEC, then by all means port it to them.