Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Something stuck? No Vpanel or inbound calls

Default Something stuck? No Vpanel or inbound calls

I have been trying to log into my Vpanel and after I hit submit after my phone number and password, it never loads. Also, I have not received inbound calls for a few hours. I just realized it and opened a ticket. Have not rebooted the ATA yet. Outbound calls are fine. Calls to my number have a long delay and then voicemail. I'm glad I have email notifications turned on!

Also, I got no MWI on my ATA or my phones, no studder dial tone either.
    Scott

Default Re: Something stuck? No Vpanel or inbound calls

For vPanel, have you tried going to /logout and the back? It sounds like maybe there's a session caught or something that that could clear out.

Reboot the ATA and it should be up. We've seen a few more reports of registrations dropping than normal lately (maybe due to growth) so we made a few changes today which hopefully should nip that before it starts growing into a bigger issue.

Basically we've adding more NAT keep-alive components, reduced the re-registration interval and will be rolling out a few more changes over the next few days.

Overall the combination of things should help virtually eliminate this ever happening.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I rebooted the ATA and everything started working again. On the Vpanel issue, when I hit the Login button it took probably 2-3 minutes before it let me in. After I was in, everything was very responsive. I am going to try now and see how it goes.
    thanks for your help!

Regarding vPanel being slow/unresponsive:
    It's possible that the system was taking backups at the time of your login - resulting in a bit of a delay.
    I don't think there is much to worry about - appreciate the report though.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    For vPanel, have you tried going to /logout and the back? It sounds like maybe there's a session caught or something that that could clear out.

Reboot the ATA and it should be up. We've seen a few more reports of registrations dropping than normal lately (maybe due to growth) so we made a few changes today which hopefully should nip that before it starts growing into a bigger issue.

Basically we've adding more NAT keep-alive components, reduced the re-registration interval and will be rolling out a few more changes over the next few days.

Overall the combination of things should help virtually eliminate this ever happening.
    When you implement these new changes, could you please post them here and tell us what changes were made? Also, for those of us behind a router, do we need to reboot our ATA to get these new changes? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dcshobby View Post
    When you implement these new changes, could you please post them here and tell us what changes were made? Also, for those of us behind a router, do we need to reboot our ATA to get these new changes? Thanks!
    I do believe that behind a router we will always have to reboot. I had the registration drop as well and just realized it when i was calling home, and it was ringing on my failsafe device (cell phone). I looked in my vPanel and noticed that nothing was registered so I remoted into my PC at home and rebooted my ATA and that was all it took.

I lost registration around 3pm. Had to reboot the adapter. Doesn't it try to register every 5 or 10 minutes?

I know PAP2 checks the provisioning file every 1 hour (depending on the interval set). I hope GS502 has something similar to that.

My line one lost registration this morning until I rebooted...then all was well.

I also lost registration and couldnt receive incoming calls but could make them just fine. rebooted the ATA and all seems to be working again.

I just got it again. Registration dumped. 2nd time today.