Thread: "Goodbye" when calling outbound?

Default "Goodbye" when calling outbound?

My wife has complained to me a couple of times lately that calls are not completing. No ring, just silence for a few seconds, then you get an operator voice, "Goodbye." WTH

I just had it happen placing a call to 831 area code. Other calls seem to be ok, but every time we call that number (over the last 20 minutes or so), this problem occurs. My wife said it's been happening randomly otherwise. Any ideas as I dodge frying pans?

Default Re: "Goodbye" when calling outbound?

Quote Originally Posted by bretski View Post
    My wife has complained to me a couple of times lately that calls are not completing. No ring, just silence for a few seconds, then you get an operator voice, "Goodbye." WTH

I just had it happen placing a call to 831 area code. Other calls seem to be ok, but every time we call that number (over the last 20 minutes or so), this problem occurs. My wife said it's been happening randomly otherwise. Any ideas as I dodge frying pans?
    Do you have any example numbers you could send in a ticket? Goodbye is just a generic error message, so we likely just need to review/update/change routing for the areas you're calling.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 03-01-2009 at 02:43 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Do you have any example numbers you could send in a ticket? Goodbye is just a generic error message, so we likely just need to review/update/change routing for the areas you're calling.
    For what it's worth, I got that this morning too. I called again a few seconds later, and it went fine. This is a number that I call frequently(301-695-xxxx, the first one from today), and today was the first time I've experienced this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    For what it's worth, I got that this morning too. I called again a few seconds later, and it went fine. This is a number that I call frequently(301-695-xxxx, the first one from today), and today was the first time I've experienced this.
    Yeah, it could have been a specific trunk at capacity. We can check logs and redistribute routing if needed.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

My son said this happened to him a couple times this morning, but I paid him no mind till I saw this thread.

I just came in from the garage...sorry, it's safer out there.

I just tried the number again, and it rang this time. Tim, do you still want a ticket opened with the number that wasn't working earlier?

Yea, I had that happen yesterday and this morning also. Calling 330-615-xxxx. Wife said this happens randomly, but trying again usually works..

Quote Originally Posted by bretski View Post
    I just came in from the garage...sorry, it's safer out there.

I just tried the number again, and it rang this time. Tim, do you still want a ticket opened with the number that wasn't working earlier?
    Yeah, that's be good.

That way we can see what trunk the call went out over and track it down.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

I have had a few calls that fail on my Asterisk box. Even if I have no calls established, occasionally I get a "SIP response 500 'maximum calls in progress' back from..." and the IP of central01. I wait a few seconds and redial and all is well. It happens most to the 417 area code. There was another 500 response I saw in the log but don't have it on me right now.

EDIT: The other was a 500 "service unavailable" generic message. Since I am running my * box again it could be anything though. Redialing a few seconds later it worked fine.

Scott
    Last edited by scott2020; 03-01-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Tim,

Ticket submitted: NLD-795554

Thanks!