Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VoIPo Service with Tomato 1.23

Default Re: VoIPo Service with Tomato 1.23

Quote Originally Posted by ptrowski View Post
    How the heck did you get the other router to work as a wireless bridge using Tomato? I tried and tried and finally went the DD-WRT route which was easy.
    Selected "Wireless Ethernet Bridge" from the Wireless Mode Setup screen. Set my the bridge router address as xxx.xxx.x.2 where the main router was xxx.xxx.x.1. Set the default gateway and static dns to the main router's address. Disabled DHCP on the bridge. On the bridge, set the ssid, channel, and security info to match the main router. Also, on the advanced-router setup tab of the bridge, I changed the drop-down to router from gateway. I also had some problems initially, but I found the last step via a google search and everything started working perfectly.

Just heard from another user in a PM on DSLR that they dropped Tomato 1.23 and their issues went away (voice quality, delay, echo, random issues).
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thanks for the update. Do not have any service quality, per se, just registration type issues when router goes down. Quality is excellent. I have captured a ton of data for the Tomato community, but basically, they agree there is an issue with Voip and Tomato. Claim it will be addressed in future release -- which I am now available as a test subject.

My workaround is pretty simple now -- IF there are problems:

1. Do nothing, as failever works as designed (forward to cell phone)
    2. Login as admin, change IP address.

I can live with this for now. Excellent team Tim, support and all. BTW, wrote my dslreports review. Very happy with all aspects of the product and service.

-bird