Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-lite local sip port

Default X-lite local sip port

Is there some way for me to setup X-lite so it does not use 5060 as it's local SIP port. You could argue it shouldn't make a difference that my PAP2T is on 5060 and 5061 since it's a different device - but, anyway, I'd like to change it. I've looked through the various menus and can't seem to find where. I'm running version 3.0. I've googled and found a reference from 2005 about how to do it but don't see that option available to me - perhaps they've removed it in my 3.0 version :-(.
    Russell

Default Re: X-lite local sip port

You can specify that in the Topology tab. The field is "Manually specify range". Use the same port number in the two fields.

Right click on X-Lite
    Choose SIP Account Settings
    Choose Properties for the VOIPO entry you've already set up

On the main Account tab that you're presented with, in the DOMAIN attribute box, add :50xx to the end of the entry.

So, mine reads as follows:
    east01.voipwelcome.com:5079

When you fire X-Lite, then go to vPanel, it will show as a device on Port 5079

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post
    You can specify that in the Topology tab. The field is "Manually specify range". Use the same port number in the two fields.
    It wants me to specify a range - if I type in 5062 in both fields it displays an error dialog and says the starting port must be less than the ending port (or some such words) :-(.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by dbmaven View Post
    Right click on X-Lite
    Choose SIP Account Settings
    Choose Properties for the VOIPO entry you've already set up

On the main Account tab that you're presented with, in the DOMAIN attribute box, add :50xx to the end of the entry.

So, mine reads as follows:
    east01.voipwelcome.com:5079

When you fire X-Lite, then go to vPanel, it will show as a device on Port 5079
    Wouldn't east01.voipwelcome.com:5079 specify the port to be used on the server side? I'm interested in specifying a different port from the default 5060 on the client side. Or, am I just confused?
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Wouldn't east01.voipwelcome.com:5079 specify the port to be used on the server side? I'm interested in specifying a different port from the default 5060 on the client side. Or, am I just confused?
    Make sure you check with support and find out which server to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Make sure you check with support and find out which server to use.
    Unfortunately, for this poor sap, the only way to find out is to check with support :-(.
    Russell

Default multiple providers?

For those of you using 3.0 of X-Lite. Can you add a second sip provider? My Add button is disabled - I figured this being the free version they just allow one.
    Russell

It wants me to specify a range - if I type in 5062 in both fields it displays an error dialog and says the starting port must be less than the ending port (or some such words) :-(.
    My bad. I think I used 6061 and 6062 in the two field. It will select the first one.

See also http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1334&page=2

Unfortunately, for this poor sap, the only way to find out is to check with support :-(.
    If you can see the NAT entries of the your router, then you can find out your server.