Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Features/Enhancements

Default Re: Upcoming Features/Enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    Is the a per-fax charge? Or are you making it free?
    Glad you are bringing this back!
    Outgoing is free for all residential users and Express users with a fax account. Also it confirms the status now for you (busy, failed, succssful, etc)

Incoming has a new option of a "temporary" fax number for one-time fee of $0.99 to receive a quick fax instead of ordering a fax number full-time.

Completely TDM based and does not use VoIP at all.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Outgoing is free for all residential users and Express users with a fax account. Also it confirms the status now for you (busy, failed, succssful, etc)

Incoming has a new option of a "temporary" fax number for one-time fee of $0.99 to receive a quick fax instead of ordering a fax number full-time.

Completely TDM based and does not use VoIP at all.
    Free outgoing fax - WOOHOO!! Not that I'll use this extensively, but it was one of those "decision points" when considering cutting the POTS cord completely. There is now one less road block for folks thinking about going with VOIPo.

One question though - is there a limit to the number of pages per fax or per day that can be sent?

Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    Free outgoing fax - WOOHOO!! Not that I'll use this extensively, but it was one of those "decision points" when considering cutting the POTS cord completely. There is now one less road block for folks thinking about going with VOIPo.

One question though - is there a limit to the number of pages per fax or per day that can be sent?
    No "hard limit" at this point, but it's designed for residential use, so if there is an issue we'll just be looking at it to see if the usage is consistent with residential usage.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    No "hard limit" at this point, but it's designed for residential use, so if there is an issue we'll just be looking at it to see if the usage is consistent with residential usage.
    Sounds great! Thanks for adding this!

CID seems odd to me. When I first visit Vpanel CID, the only number shown was the 2nd line/VN, which was not my current CID to my knowledge. In fact CID had become my registered first name plus the first 6 characters of my last name as CNAME I guess, and the primary number for the account (strange at best). I clicked on the displayed 2nd line CID and then the drop down listed both numbers. I clicked on my primary number and my CID became my primary number for CNAME as well as for the CNUM portions. The Vpanel display then reverted to the original display with the 2nd line number number listed and with no alternative available in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by gbh2o View Post
    CID seems odd to me. When I first visit Vpanel CID, the only number shown was the 2nd line/VN, which was not my current CID to my knowledge. In fact CID had become my registered first name plus the first 6 characters of my last name as CNAME I guess, and the primary number for the account (strange at best). I clicked on the displayed 2nd line CID and then the drop down listed both numbers. I clicked on my primary number and my CID became my primary number for CNAME as well as for the CNUM portions. The Vpanel display then reverted to the original display with the 2nd line number number listed and with no alternative available in the list.

The reasoning behind this is because that is your only available option as far as setting your Caller-ID to rather than your regular CID. Once you've changed your default CID, it should then APPEAR in the list (to set it back to DEFAULT).

I admit this may appear a bit confusing as it says "Outbound Caller-ID: [select box] <-- and the default option selected may / may not be your current Caller-ID depending on whether it is defaulting to your default CID (i.e. has never been set) or if it has been set (in which case it should default to what it is set to)

Let me know if this makes a little more sense now, also as for the actual CNAM display a callee may see when receiving a call is dependent on something entirely different such as the Regional CNAM Database (which is queried by using your calling from phone number).

When you are setting Caller-ID all you are doing is changing the phone number appearance that you are calling from, which may/may not yield a different CNAM result depending on what the CNAM database has for that specific phone number on the receiving parties end.

I hope this all makes sense, let us know, thanks!

Beta=>Caller ID

Perhaps the Primary ID should be in the drop-down too?
    Below, you could display the CID being used. (Less confusing)

Especially nice if it could be assigned to Line#1 and Line#2 separately.
    I like the idea of both lines always ringing (for me), but sending a Virtual Number, when calling from Line#2.

(Just thinking)

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Also gives you the ability to "Verify" a phone number, in which you will receive a call to the phone number you are verifying, and simply can do so by dialing the pin code you receive on the page to verify the phone number.
    Brandon, either I'm not understanding you, or it's not working for me. I already had a couple of mobile numbers listed, but under "Verified" it said "No." So I deleted and recreated them. Am I supposed to get a call on that mobile phone? Am I supposed to see a page with a pin code? Neither is happening.

Also, for my secondary line, I cannot add a mobile phone number at all.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    The reasoning behind this is because that is your only available option as far as setting your Caller-ID to rather than your regular CID. Once you've changed your default CID, it should then APPEAR in the list (to set it back to DEFAULT).

I admit this may appear a bit confusing as it says "Outbound Caller-ID: [select box] <-- and the default option selected may / may not be your current Caller-ID depending on whether it is defaulting to your default CID (i.e. has never been set) or if it has been set (in which case it should default to what it is set to)
    It would make sense, or be logical I suppose, iff after changing to the 2nd line #, only the primary number were displayed as the option. But I have both numbers displayed/available when I select the 2nd line as CID. When I go back to the 1st line, I again can only see the 2nd line. It's just inconsistent.

Perhaps a better display would be "Outbound Caller-ID may be changed to: [select box]" iff that is what you intend?

Quote Originally Posted by caseydoug View Post
    Brandon, either I'm not understanding you, or it's not working for me. I already had a couple of mobile numbers listed, but under "Verified" it said "No." So I deleted and recreated them. Am I supposed to get a call on that mobile phone? Am I supposed to see a page with a pin code? Neither is happening.
    Click on "No" and you will get a call on that mobile phone and you will see the pin code to enter on answering the call.