Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Features/Enhancements

Default Re: Upcoming Features/Enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by eroomjt View Post
    Agree on free international. I have never made a call outside the U.S. in 30 years, o.k. maybe Puerto Rico or Canada. International should be an add on to keep the U.S. calling costs low.
    Ironically, I just saw an add for MetroPCS unlimited international calling for $5 extra a month.

http://www.metropcs.com/world/
    Except for Canada, I only call in the USA.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by eroomjt View Post
    When trying the beta call record, I dial *28nnnnnnnnn and it gives me a busy signal type sound. I will send a ticket in. I just thought it didn't work yet because it is under beta tag in vpanel. Thanks.
    Works fine dialing 10 digit numbers for me.
    DTMF does not work though.

Also worked dialing *28411# or without # on the end
    Last edited by usa2k; 08-20-2009 at 06:22 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

*28 will work if you meet the following criteria:

A) You are provisioned using VOIPo's default dial plan.
    B) You dial *28 (7,10,11) digit dialing
    C) As Usa2k pointed out it'll also ideally work when dialing *28411, or even a custom call route, however this is one of the reasons it is still in BETA.

Also please ensure you are dialing the complete number without any pause, i.e. *288005558355.

I've noticed with a couple of people that have said it is not working, yet they are receiving a busy signal that their network traces are simply showing *28 as the destination for their call, which most likely means they are dialing too slow, or need the time increased to dial these phone numbers.

Please take this information into evidence and then further let us know if you are have any continual issues.
    ________
    WWW.FUCKTUB.COM
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    *28 will work if you meet the following criteria:

A) You are provisioned using VOIPo's default dial plan.
    B) You dial *28 (7,10,11) digit dialing
    C) As Usa2k pointed out it'll also ideally work when dialing *28411, or even a custom call route, however this is one of the reasons it is still in BETA.

Also please ensure you are dialing the complete number without any pause, i.e. *288005558355.

I've noticed with a couple of people that have said it is not working, yet they are receiving a busy signal that their network traces are simply showing *28 as the destination for their call, which most likely means they are dialing too slow, or need the time increased to dial these phone numbers.

Please take this information into evidence and then further let us know if you are have any continual issues.
    Why not add *28 like you did *67 so it gives you the second high pitch dial tone. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Why not add *28 like you did *67 so it gives you the second high pitch dial tone. Just a thought.
    I think that's generated from the PAP2 since it has *67 functionality in it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Regarding the 2nd line feature, when I tried to change the STUN setting of the secondary line to be the same as that of the primary line, it wouldn't accept the change. The volume level for the two lines is NOT the same, but I haven't tried making any changes there. Finally, there is NO network preference setting for the secondary line, which I assume is intentional.

Any guidance as to which settings on the secondary line should be left alone, made the same as the primary line, treated as totally independent, or what?

Just a tiny thing...the Call History and Features tab are in reverse order on the 2nd line...it really doesn't matter, just a cosmetic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    I think that's generated from the PAP2 since it has *67 functionality in it.
    Tim as I recall the pap2 has a setting that you can put that in all the *codes you want and when you enter a *code listed it gives a higher pitch dial tone and allows you to dial the number. Then it sends the entire line *679994445555 all at once. I will see if I can find the thread where Brandon tested it and found it works.

Edit
    Here it is
    http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1469&page=3
    Look at the last page of responses.
    Last edited by Xponder1; 08-20-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Just a tiny thing...the Call History and Features tab are in reverse order on the 2nd line...it really doesn't matter, just a cosmetic thing.
    Hmm. On mine they are the same. Maybe they fixed it?

I'd feel more excited about new features if the feature I bought the service for (plain old telephone calls) worked better. Outbound calls have been fine. Inbound calls today have mostly failed -- the caller hears rings, and then silence.

It went away after we filed a ticket and the tech told us to power-cycle the adapter, but then it came back again.

I've not seen this failure before today.