Thread: VOIPo Review

Default VOIPo Review

I'd like to add my 2 cents in as well.

When ATT announced they would be discontinuing their Callvantage service, I began my search for a replacement. I had been a customer since Callvantage began. It was a solid service after the first year, and I knew it would be hard to beat.

While lurking in the backgrounds on DSLR I noticed Fisamo & NY Tel Guy talking about VOIPO, then Fisamo announced he had switched over to VOIPO.

Knowing these guys from the past few years of reading their posts, I knew I had to check it out. Boy I'm glad I did.

I signed up and received my TA in just a coupe days. I read the installation instructions and laughed. It actually said, just plug it in and within 3-5 mins you'll be up and running..

A big company like AT&T could never manage this feat, you always had to call customer service when you got a new TA, it never worked the first time behind the router, and then you had to testify that you had not moved and your E-911 was still correct. Usually a 30-1 hrs process depending on how many times you had to re-boot the TA to get all the updates.

I said, what the heck, I know the drill.. and then plugged in the VOIPO TA behind the firewall, just to prove myself right. Imagine my surprise when 3 mins later my TA indicated that I was good to go, I was completely blown away when I actually got a dial tone!

No fuss, no muss.. it just WORKS!

Your guys are awesome, and to Fisamo & NY Tel Guy and BIG THANKS for blazing the trail.

I am a now former Callvantage.Att customer and very happy I'm here at Voipo.

Default Re: VOIPo Review

Quote Originally Posted by Warus1 View Post
    I'd like to add my 2 cents in as well.

... [snip] ...
    While lurking in the backgrounds on DSLR I noticed Fisamo & NY Tel Guy talking about VOIPO, then Fisamo announced he had switched over to VOIPO.

Knowing these guys from the past few years of reading their posts, I knew I had to check it out. Boy I'm glad I did.

... [snip] ...

Your guys are awesome, and to Fisamo & NY Tel Guy and BIG THANKS for blazing the trail.

I am a now former Callvantage.Att customer and very happy I'm here at Voipo.
    So if the WAF takes a hit, please don't focus your rage on NY Tel and me.

Seriously, my wife mostly hasn't even noticed the difference, except that I told her she no longer needs to dial all 10 digits for every call. We've had a few more phone-related hiccups than we did with CallVantage, but that's mostly due to my insisting on the BYOD thing (running Asterisk for my home phones).

ditto, passes the wife test here also..

TIM, maybe that could be the new company slogan.. VOIPO, passes the wife test..
    Last edited by Warus1; 09-01-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warus1 View Post
    ditto, passes the wife test here also..

TIM, maybe that could be the new company slogan.. VOPIO, passes the wife test..
    Same here.. the wife has not noticed that I made the switch from a POTS line three months ago.