Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BETA Feature - Scheduling

Default Re: BETA Feature - Scheduling

Time validation should allow setting the DND for overnight

e.g Friday 10PM to Sat 9AM. So nobody could disturb my sleep over the weekend. Rather than splitting the time up as 2 entries

Quote Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
    Time validation should allow setting the DND for overnight

e.g Friday 10PM to Sat 9AM. So nobody could disturb my sleep over the weekend. Rather than splitting the time up as 2 entries
    I have mine setup from 7PM to 8AM, but maybe it works because I have it set to every day.

Quote Originally Posted by bwarden View Post
    I have mine setup from 7PM to 8AM, but maybe it works because I have it set to every day.

I tried to setupr Friday nite 9pm to Sat morning 9am and I got the following error

"Error: The start time must be less than the end time for a specific day's task."

I think it would get real confusing real quick if they allowed it by any other means than by calendar day. One entry for each day (Friday and Saturday) is not unreasonable, I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by voipinit View Post
    I think it would get real confusing real quick if they allowed it by any other means than by calendar day. One entry for each day (Friday and Saturday) is not unreasonable, I don't think.
    So how would you set up if you want the weekends DND from 9pm to 9am starting from friday thru sunday morning?

Quote Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
    So how would you set up if you want the weekends DND from 9pm to 9am starting from friday thru sunday morning?
    friday - 9pm - 11:59 pm
    saturday - 12am - 11:59 pm
    sunday - 12am -9am

for friday and saturday you may want to set the 'end task' to something other than 'disable' - probably doesn't not matter though.

12am-12am may also work for the entire day - but haven't tried it
    Last edited by voipinit; 10-23-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: add'l info

Hmm... the schedule broke after DST ended. I tried rescheduling it, but now it's really wacky. I chose to start at 7 PM and end at 8 AM, but ended up with 11 PM to 12 AM. I would have thought it was just doing +4, but that would have been 12 PM.

Setting 3 PM to 4 AM shows my desired 7 PM to 8 AM. Actually I've changed it to result with 8 PM to 8 AM. Now I need to wait until this evening to see if it activates at the correct time.

VOIPoJustin Guest

I tried rescheduling it, but now it's really wacky. I chose to start at 7 PM and end at 8 AM, but ended up with 11 PM to 12 AM
    Let us know if you're still having this issue with the scheduling tool.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoJustin View Post
    Let us know if you're still having this issue with the scheduling tool.
    Looks like it's working correctly now. Thanks!