Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    1,542,128,043

    Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

    Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    With findme set to ring all...2 seconds on each...no auto answer...when I call from my cell that is the destination for simulring, while the main line is ringing, a recorded voice comes on saying "the person at extension 305 932-xxxx is busy..your message will go to voice mail"
    Try setting it to about 10-15 seconds. 2 seconds isn't long enough to ring a whole ring so it's "timing out" and going to VM.

    We do need to fix it so that if you have VM disabled it doesn't go to VM.

    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

    Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    1,542,128,043

    Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

    Quote Originally Posted by caseydoug View Post
    However, if you answer your primary phone -- not a simul ring destination phone -- you do NOT get the call handling options, correct? At least this is how I hope it works.
    Right. Only on the external ones. If you answer the VOIPo phone, it'll immediately connect.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

    Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aventura Fl
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

    With both set to 15 seconds, I called from another phone that is not on the destination, the call answers right away on the main line...when answering on the destination cell, a voice says.."you have received a call from 1-761-xxxx and it offers the 3 choices.

    When calling the main line from another phone, even after I answer on my destination cell, the main line rings a few additional times even after I answered on the cell. No problem..just mentioned it, but it works ok.

    When calling the main number from my destination cell, it answers right away with no problems.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aventura Fl
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

    One additional observation....

    We talked about the scheduling as related to disabling the simulring so the call does not hit the voice mail on the cell when it is turned off.

    I turned off my destination cell and with the findme set to ring all...15 seconds...no auto answer, when I call from another line, the call goes right to my main line. For me, this eliminates the problem of setting a schedule. The cell on-off does this for me for the simulring issue.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    1,542,128,043

    Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

    Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    One additional observation....

    We talked about the scheduling as related to disabling the simulring so the call does not hit the voice mail on the cell when it is turned off.

    I turned off my destination cell and with the findme set to ring all...15 seconds...no auto answer, when I call from another line, the call goes right to my main line. For me, this eliminates the problem of setting a schedule. The cell on-off does this for me for the simulring issue.
    Yeah that's the main reason we put in the "Press 1 to Accept"...lots of complaints about cell phones being off and taking calls before with old one.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

    Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Carlos, CA (Bay Area)
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

    Awesome feature!! Any chance of setting up some SMS commands to toggle and configure?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    325

    Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

    Another question: I currently have my wife's cell phone set up for "no answer transfer" to her VOIPo line. That is mostly because she doesn't use voice mail on the cell phone and wants all messages to go to the VOIPo voice mail. What happens if I now set up Call Hunt on her VOIPo number to ring her cell phone? Will this create a loop, or will it time out and send the message to her VOIPo voice mail?

    What if instead of Call Hunt, she uses Ring All? I seem to recall that this caused problems in the past.

    Thanks.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aventura Fl
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

    I just noticed in the SimulRing settings, that in findme...ring all...where the auto answer for the VOIPo line was previously left to toggle, is now checked as well as greyed out.

    Evidently this was pushed out from the server. What does this now do that it didn't before?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    519

    Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

    Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    I just noticed in the SimulRing settings, that in findme...ring all...where the auto answer for the VOIPo line was previously left to toggle, is now checked as well as greyed out.

    Evidently this was pushed out from the server. What does this now do that it didn't before?
    Burris this was a simple "appearance change" as the VOIPo line if answered always takes the call, effectively meaning "auto answer" is always enabled on this line. We are just showing this behavior, as before it was not correct.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aventura Fl
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

    Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Burris this was a simple "appearance change" as the VOIPo line if answered always takes the call, effectively meaning "auto answer" is always enabled on this line. We are just showing this behavior, as before it was not correct.
    As always, I thank you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •