Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Restart Call" feature

Default Re: "Restart Call" feature

Glad I've never had such a problem with Voipo.

I've never heard of anything where the person on the line can 'hold for a few seconds', while the call is redialed. Doesn't really make sense to me.

You never said if your wife was calling your cell phone. I do have bad calls to/from my cell where we choose to hang up and call right back. But nothing like that from my Voipo line to a landline.

I currently using VOIPo (primary) and Sipgate (alternative). The VOIPo is Linksys RT31P2 and Sipgate is Linksys PAP2-NA (unlocked). Both of them are behind my routers (Linksys WRT54GS). I have no any problems with both the services.

Let me be honest here--if I had that kind of voice quality issues on my line, I wouldn't be quiet about it for very long. I'd give Voipo a chance to fix it by submitting ticket(s), etc. If they were not able to resolve the situation, that would mean to me that they are not the service for me. That's not to say "it works for me, but not for you, so go away" or anything similar. But residential VoIP does have the complicating factors of various ISPs using a wide variety of CPE (cable/DSL modems), the customers themselves getting one of a number of routers out there, with numerous firmware versions, and some using 3rd-party firmware. Obviously, the ideal VoIP solution would not be sensitive to any of those factors. I feel fortunate that the combination that affects my home service has worked well with the primary providers I've chosen...

My point is this: make whatever effort you consider to be reasonable to fix these voice quality issues with Voipo--go for the root cause (as mentioned earlier in the thread). If it's something that can be addressed, you'll have great service shortly. If it can't be addressed in a reasonable timeframe, look around for other providers that can meet your needs better.

As a Voipo user, I hope you (and support) can figure out the issue--it makes for a more stable service for everyone. But if you can't, remember that Voipo's "early termination" clause is quite fair to the customer - consider it a 'failed experiment' and move on.

I don't think a "restart" call feature is the answer for this problem - Voipo engineers would be spending time designing a work-around instead of identifying and rectifying a problem that affects your service (and possibly others').

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    I'm curious if you've had other VOIP providers with the same ISP and whether they've been flawless? Care to mention the ISP and level of service you have?
    I currently using VOIPo (primary) and Sipgate (alternative). The VOIPo is Linksys RT31P2 and Sipgate is Linksys PAP2-NA (unlocked). Both of them are behind my routers (Linksys WRT54GS). I have no any problems with both the services.

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    Let me be honest here--if I had that kind of voice quality issues on my line, I wouldn't be quiet about it for very long. I'd give Voipo a chance to fix it by submitting ticket(s), etc.
    I have had a lot of trouble calling one particular prefix that my wife happens to call a lot. I opened a ticket with support and went back and forth a few times, but eventually they rerouted calls a few times until the voice quality was acceptable. There are times where calls sound terrible and I have to redial, but it has happened on various VOIP providers and I chalk it up to VOIP in general. Just a small sacrifice to make in order to save a lot of money and have more features vs. POTS I figure.

I have to say that I have not had that extent of voice quality problems. My wife has not complained to me of the phone service, except for a few recent troubles with the wrong CallerID number being sent with some of our calls. Occasional voice issues I have no problem with. After all, the calls are being sent over the shared internet, etc. However, I've had excellent service, including voice quality, with both CallVantage and Voipo, so I know (at least with the internet connection I have) reliable voice quality can be had over a VoIP line.