Thread: A question about the phone light indicator

Default A question about the phone light indicator

I currently connect phone to the phone 1 jack. But both the phone lights are on (phone 1 & 2), is it normal? I don't have anything connect to phone2 jack. Why the light is on?

Today I found out the phone1 light was not on, but the phone2 light was on. The phone didn't work either. I unplugged and re-plugged power back on. Then everything was back to normal. Does anyone have same problem?

Thanks.

Default Re: A question about the phone light indicator

The Phone1 and Phone2 lights are on (solid, no flashing) when the line is properly registered with Voipo and all phones are on-hook, whether or not a telephone is plugged into the jack. Because Voipo offers the "cloned line" feature, both lines are always registered. If you take a phone off-hook (to answer a call or place a call), the light for the line that phone's connected to will start to flash quickly (I think about 1/2 sec on, 1/2 sec off) and will continue to flash until you hang up the phone. If the phone is on-hook and someone leaves you a voicemail, the light will flash slowly (about 1 sec on, 1 sec off). If any phones have the VMWI light, that will also come on. After you retrieve the message, the light will stop flashing.

If the light is OFF, it means that your line is not registered. You will not have dialtone, and your phone will not ring for an incoming call. Typically, rebooting the adapter will resolve the issue.

*** No guarantees this will work, but someone with a provisioned PAP2T adapter should try... ***

If you pick up the phone and have no dialtone, you might be able to reset your adapter as follows:
    1. Dial **** . You should hear a voice say 'Configuration Menu'.
    2. Next, dial 732668# (That spells 'reboot' in case you forget the numbers. ) If you hear 'option successful - Please hang up to exit,' hang up the phone.
    3. The device will then reboot, and you should have dialtone back.

Note that this sequence will not likely work with the RT31P2.