Thread: RT31P2 constant whirring background noise

Default RT31P2 constant whirring background noise

I convinced my dad to sign up for Voipo a few weeks ago, but ever since he hooked up his RT31P2 there's been a constant whirring noise in the background. It's always there whether on a call or not and on both phone ports. He's tried different phones, disconnected it from the Internet and even moved it to another room to no avail. The annoying sound is definitely coming from the RT31P2. A couple of weeks ago he opened up support ticket JIO-547724 and they made a few adjustments to the ATA and closed out the ticket without even waiting for a customer response, but it's still there.

I was at his house last week and the sound is very irritating and not the norm. The only way it can be tolerated is by turning the phone volume all the way down. It sounds like he's got a bad ATA to me, but I'm not really familiar with the RT31P2. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the fix?

Default Re: RT31P2 constant whirring background noise

It does have the signs of a bad ATA. I would see if they can send him a replacement.

It's possible the device may be damaged. If your Dad will update his ticket, even though it's marked as closed, this will re-open the ticket and we can further troubleshoot.

Thanks, I will let him know to re-open the ticket.