Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calls give busy signal after answering

Default Calls give busy signal after answering

I am trying to get incoming calls to work and nothing will it will wring but when i answer i get nothing for a few seconds then a busy tone. I love the support but my experience so far has been frustrating because my service is so off and on.

Default Re: Calls give busy signal after answering

Though you've probably been through this with support already...

What internet service do you have? What router model and firmware version are you using?
    What ATA did voipo issue to you, RT31P2 or PAP2?
    If RT31P2, are you willing to put it 'before your home router', at least for a limited time for troubleshooting purposes?
    If 'before the router' is not practical or possible for you, have you forwarded any ports? I don't recall the exact ranges recommended by Voipo, but if call set-up is the problem, forwarding 5060-5061 (UDP) to your ATA should resolve that issue. (If you forward ports 10000 - 50000, you should catch any RTP port that Voipo would want to use, but the range probably doesn't need to be that wide.)
    Does your router have a SIP 'ALG' (application level gateway) option in its firewall settings? If so, make sure that it is turned OFF.

Chances are, I've forgotten a few common troubleshooting points (besides the best range of ports to forward), and someone else may chime in with more points. Also, once you answer these questions, some more thoughts may come to mind...

I really cant because of the services i have running. I use a service called rapid wave for my internet I get 4 down and 4 up and bursts to 10. I used vonage before and never had any problems.

I think they got the calls working but the quality wasnt great I need to do some more research I guess.

Gavakie:

I had this problem bad in the beginning, and it's still not completely gone... happens every once in awhile still. Be sure to submit a ticket on this. There are a number of things that can be done as fisamo suggests.

I'm beginning to believe my problem may be related to a caller/callers from a particular carrier.

yeah im sure it will get worked out, same thing happened with the last company I was with. Anything is better than vonage though. As long as the morons finally decide to release my number.

Well its back to doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by gavakie View Post
    yeah im sure it will get worked out, same thing happened with the last company I was with. Anything is better than vonage though. As long as the morons finally decide to release my number.
    Vonage charges people to disconnect before 1 year. Is that the problem?

I'd love to find a way to persuade a friend to dump them. He's having awful problems and needs an excuse to move.

Peace,
    Gene

Move Vonage to the $4.99 plan where all outgoing is billed per minute, then LNP the number over to VOIPo

I did that when I had moved from Vonage to Packet8. I needed 2 months before cancelling. The Vonage rep suggested it.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

I'm not surprised about the 'not putting the ATA before my router' response--it's a pretty common one.
    Have you tried the port forwarding options? (DMZ is always an option, but I prefer the targeted port forwarding approach.)
    Does your internet service require a particular router (ie. supplied by them, such as the U-Verse gateway, or a DSL modem/router combo unit)? If not, what model router and firmware version are you running on it?

Have you submitted a ticket with the problem yet? One thing to consider is to take advantage of Voipo's "call reference number" in your call history when reporting an incoming call that doesn't complete. If it's logged, the reference number should allow support to at least report what error code(s) received on their end when the call failed.

Best of luck with a speedy resolution.