Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling issues in 919 area code

Default Re: Calling issues in 919 area code

Thanks Tim. I will keep an eye on it, and will open a ticket if it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Russell & abward - The majority of the reported issues this week were in 919. We were actually seeing a 35% failure rate to some providers within 919 and this was pretty evenly split between two of our carriers. We have been working with one directly since that % is not even within the realm of being acceptable and it seems to be resolved now. If you still have issues, please report them.
    Thanks for your long and detailed responses, Tim. Hopefully, 919 is back to the way it was some weeks ago. And, yes, I'll report future issues.

And, at the risk of not being PC, Merry Christmas!
    Russell

Hi, Tim..

As you will remember, I come from the world of POTS, and as a result, am totally empathetic with the routing problems you and everyone else in telephony experience.
    We also had our NOC only re-route on a one on one basis, unless of course, the carrier went down, in which case an alternate route would be immediately implemented. What people need to understand is that in order to survive, one must seek out the least cost routing that works, and stay with them so long as they perform. If you are simply going to send everything through ATT, Level3, Verizon, etc., you would maybe have better uptime, but you would have to raise your prices considerably.
    In this respect, VOIP is not much different than POTS.

From inception, it appears that you are on top of running a first class operation and from the results, what you are doing is working.
    For me, if I have to re-dial a number because it dropped, it's not the end of the world. From my wife, I hear about it. After all, I can't imagine anyone who owns a computer or who is on the internet, not having the same kinds of problems. I only post or submit a ticket when I think it might detail the larger scope of an impending problem.

Anyway, have the rest of a great Holiday and keep up the good work.

burris

Thanks Tim. I know my problems stem from calling rural areas, where unfortunately it costs considerably more to terminate the call regardless of carrier. I experiment with several providers, and most of them either sound awful or have various different problems. VOIPo has been good about fixing me up when I get terrible audio, but it must cost more. Not saying VOIPo won't do the right thing, but I wonder if once a month or so some calling tables aren't updated somewhere at upstream carriers, resulting in trouble again at least for me. My thing is I know the audio can be fine to the rural areas I call, so that is what I have come to expect. I get annoyed when an upstream carrier somewhere reroutes my call through somewhere cheaper and audio sounds like it is under water or worse. I understand VOIP and can tolerate things and it is nice to work with a company who will make it right.