Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: YouMail

Default Re: YouMail

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    .... use the alternate number instead if set so could go to GV or whatever.
    A different twist ...

• I would welcome a option to point different accounts to a VOIPo voicemail.
      • Like a Toll Free Forwarded Account pointing to a Residential VOIPo VM.
      • But the forwarded number going elsewhere If I wish.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Yes, I would very much like the ability to send my voicemails to Google Voice!
    Steve

It would be nice to have the GV option.

Google Voice would be a nice option as well and something I think we would take advantage of in our house.

How interested would you guys be in seeing an integrated option available where you could select VOIPo VM or Youmail VM easily.
    Not interested.

Speaking of GV... We've though about adding an option mainly for it where you could set an alternate destination number for voicemail.

So then the system would function normally but anytime something would trigger VM, it could use the alternate number instead if set so could go to GV or whatever.

Is this something you guys would use?
    No.

I'm happy with the current Voipo voicemail.

I am most interested in an inexpensive and reliable phone service. I'll pass on the bells and whistles.

It would be nice to be able to take advantage of the GV transcription feature (or some similar *free* service). I have a GV account and have thought about forwarding unanswered calls to my VOIPo number there for VM/transcription handling. However, while this would still allow me to get VM via email (audio &| text), the MWI light on our phones would no longer be useful, since the VM would not be stored in VOIPo's system. That's really the deal killer for me. We (esp my wife) rely on seeing the MWI light to know that messages are waiting.

Being a former VoicePulse user, I know that the voicemail system they used to have wasn't nearly as good as the one VOIPo currently has. It wasn't very responsive (sometimes waiting upwards of 5 seconds for the "password prompt", and then another 5 seconds after entering the password for the announcement of how many messages were new), the outgoing audio the caller would hear was choppy, and the "folder" management was pretty bad (for some reason, we always had something like 80 messages in some folder that we could never get rid of).

The VOIPo voicemail was rather refreshing - responsive, has time stamps of messages, no choppiness, and just works.

Like others have said, I'm paying for reliable phone service. Any efforts available should be spent keeping that up and making the web interface more usable (the one thing I miss since leaving VoicePulse).

-Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ctaranto View Post

Like others have said, I'm paying for reliable phone service. Any efforts available should be spent keeping that up and making the web interface more usable (the one thing I miss since leaving VoicePulse).

-Craig
    I fully subscribe to this notion that you and others have stated, and I've been saying so for years.

I think I'm with the crowd... I'm lukewarm on Youmail, but I have experimented with them in the past, and they seemed pretty reliable.

Having said that, if farming out the VM system would free up manpower and resources for development/improvements in other areas, I'd be supportive. If the current VM is stable, and doesn't require much attention, I'd say it ain't broken, don't fix it.

If this trespasses on any privacy issue..then I vote no.