Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YouMail

Default YouMail

What do you guys think of YouMail.com?

They are trying to get us to do something like Voicepulse did. Still undecided at this point.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r237...-on-VoicePulse

How interested would you guys be in seeing an integrated option available where you could select VOIPo VM or Youmail VM easily.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 02-23-2010 at 01:17 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: YouMail

meh. I'm reasonably happy with the voicemail we have now. If it's something that you can give us that's free, and it doesn't cost Voipo anything, then sure. If it's something you're going to be paying for, then I don't see a lot of benefit.

I like the transcription option - Vonage has that (for a fee, human-assisted) and the couple of times I tried it it worked well. Google Voice has it (automated) and it is ok.

I thought I once saw somewhere in the control panel a way to adjust what kind of calls (unanswered, busy, etc.) go where, but I can't find it now.
    Steve

Transcription is automated on YouMail with Humans doing minor editing.

I am neutral. These are the vertical services that will remain if ever VoIP morphs into a free service like email.

Your strengths are VM and Call Filtering as my key features beyond basic phone service.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

hrm... the phrase don't fix what isn't broken comes to mind.

I actually think it would be a great value add to compliment the service provided, although not sure I would be willing to pay any extra for it. I do not need transcription service (although I do enjoy Google Voice when they get it right), but visual voicemail would be nice and with an app for both Android and iPhone very easy to check.

The current voicemail system just works which is great, but I guess I assume a VoIP voicemail system should be more feature rich than a traditional Bell system voicemail (.wav file aside).

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    not sure I would be willing to pay any extra for it.
    Exactly my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    I do not need transcription service (although I do enjoy Google Voice when they get it right), but visual voicemail would be nice and with an app for both Android and iPhone very easy to check.
    I'd love transcription, but I'm not willing to pay for that either. I'm cheap!

The visual voice mail app would make it worthwhile to me, but since they don't have an app for Windows Mobile I wouldn't use it.

As a previous poster said, if it ain't broke...

It looks kind of cool. I'll have to try it sometime. I am using Google Voice for my voicemail and it works good for me. Either that or my Asterisk server voicemail that will email me an attachment when I get a voicemail.

Quote Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
    It looks kind of cool. I'll have to try it sometime. I am using Google Voice for my voicemail and it works good for me. Either that or my Asterisk server voicemail that will email me an attachment when I get a voicemail.
    Speaking of GV... We've though about adding an option mainly for it where you could set an alternate destination number for voicemail.

So then the system would function normally but anytime something would trigger VM, it could use the alternate number instead if set so could go to GV or whatever.

Is this something you guys would use?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Speaking of GV... We've though about adding an option mainly for it where you could set an alternate destination number for voicemail.

So then the system would function normally but anytime something would trigger VM, it could use the alternate number instead if set so could go to GV or whatever.

Is this something you guys would use?
    I would use something like that.
    I currently use both GV + Gizmo and Youmail on my cell. They both have their uses.

It would be nice to consolidate my voicemails.