Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Calls intermittently going directly to voicemail

Default Re: Calls intermittently going directly to voicemail

According to the Twitter feed, the connectivity issue affected only the web site and control panel, not the service itself.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    According to the Twitter feed, the connectivity issue affected only the web site and control panel, not the service itself.
    That's correct. Service failed over within minutes, but the web server for the site and vPanel had issues being brought back online.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Callers were getting fast busy on incoming calls to my add-on line today from around noon for a few hours. Outgoing calls were ok, and rebooting the ATA didn't solve it, though the vpanel showed the device registered to East. My primary line worked fine during that time.

EDIT: VM is disabled on my add-on line. I wonder if it would've gone to it instead of fast busy.
    Last edited by lost_; 04-07-2010 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lost_ View Post
    Callers were getting fast busy on incoming calls to my add-on line today from around noon for a few hours. Outgoing calls were ok, and rebooting the ATA didn't solve it, though the vpanel showed the device registered to East. My primary line worked fine during that time.

EDIT: VM is disabled on my add-on line. I wonder if it would've gone to it instead of fast busy.
    No issues today at all and tickets were very light.

Do you have all the port forwarding setup? Ports 5004-65000 UDP need to be forwarded to the adapter.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

By the time I posted above, the problem already disappeared without any changes on my end -- not even any router or ATA restart. Weird.

(I didn't want to open a ticket during the problem period because outgoing still worked and I needed to make outgoing calls from that line)

I've had another call go to voicemail this morning. And, a call a minute later come through fine. It may be related to http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...7980#post17980.
    Russell

I've been intermittently having calls go directly to my failover number which is my cell phone. This seems to mostly be calls coming from the 608 area code (Central Wisconsin).

If you have the VOIPo device connected to a router or a modem with a built in router, it's very important to have ports 5004-65000 forwarded on your router when using VOIPo service in order to be sure to receive all calls. For those of you having issues, please be sure to have those forwarded. Support can help you if you don't know how to setup the forwarding.

If you still have issues AFTER forwarding, contact support for further assistance for further troubleshooting. There are other things we can do such as increasing your "re-registration" interval which is making your device connect to us more often.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 04-10-2010 at 01:08 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    If you have the VOIPo device connected to a router or a modem with a built in router, it's very important to have ports 5004-65000 forwarded on your router when using VOIPo service in order to be sure to receive all calls. For those of you having issues, please be sure to have those forwarded. Support can help you if you don't know how to setup the forwarding.

If you still have issues AFTER forwarding, contact support for further assistance for further troubleshooting. There are other things we can do such as increasing your "re-registration" interval which is making your device connect to us more often.
    Tim, I've been having a variety of issues recently. Calls going to voicemail; if I'm on the phone then the second line does not ring (if I'm not, both lines ring), etc. If a call goes to voicemail, calling again will let the call come through fine. Nothing has changed on my side except I've noticed that my UVerse router has upgraded it's firmware. In the "old" router it was clear how to disable SIP ALG. In the "new" router it's not clear - I just don't see a checkbox (the screens are completely different). I believe Brandon has UVerse and I was hoping he had the new firmware and could shed some light on this setting (see http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=2333).

Btw, can you post a cheat sheet on how to forward the ports on UVerse's RG? I guess I can put the adapter in the DMZ and it'll get everything, but if you can post the instructions support uses to help folks with UVerse do the forwarding, I'll be happy to do it myself rather than DMZ it. Of course if I have a SIP ALG issue, will forwarding solve the problem?

Btw, why do you use such a wide range of ports on the customer side. If I remember how this works there's a port on the your side and a port on the customer side and packets get exchanged between them - while I can understand your servers using a wide range of ports (on the server side) to service multiple customers at the same time can't the servers talk to a narrower range on the customer side?
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Tim, I've been having a variety of issues recently. Calls going to voicemail; if I'm on the phone then the second line does not ring (if I'm not, both lines ring), etc. If a call goes to voicemail, calling again will let the call come through fine. Nothing has changed on my side except I've noticed that my UVerse router has upgraded it's firmware. In the "old" router it was clear how to disable SIP ALG. In the "new" router it's not clear - I just don't see a checkbox (the screens are completely different). I believe Brandon has UVerse and I was hoping he had the new firmware and could shed some light on this setting (see http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=2333).

Btw, can you post a cheat sheet on how to forward the ports on UVerse's RG? I guess I can put the adapter in the DMZ and it'll get everything, but if you can post the instructions support uses to help folks with UVerse do the forwarding, I'll be happy to do it myself rather than DMZ it. Of course if I have a SIP ALG issue, will forwarding solve the problem?

Btw, why do you use such a wide range of ports on the customer side. If I remember how this works there's a port on the your side and a port on the customer side and packets get exchanged between them - while I can understand your servers using a wide range of ports (on the server side) to service multiple customers at the same time can't the servers talk to a narrower range on the customer side?
    I'll see what I can find on U-Verse. I don't know it off the top of my head, but will ask some of our guys Monday.

The port range is not really our range. Audio does not go through VOIPo at all except in very special cases. The audio connects directly from our CLEC partners that completely the call to the ATA and that is the range they all use. We use 5060-5080 for communication between our servers, but if the audio stream can't start from the CLEC gateways on one of the other ports, the call will still fail.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com