Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UVerse and SIP ALG setting (Brandon)?

Default UVerse and SIP ALG setting (Brandon)?

Anyone have UVerse and the more recent software (6.1.9.24-enh.tm)? With the old firmware I knew how to turn of SIP ALG setting. With the new one I can't seem to find the location of this setting. I know Brandon has UVerse - do you have this newer software and, if yes, can you tell me how to check the setting?

Nothing has changed on my side except for this firmware upgrade and I'm wondering if the various intermittent issues I've been experiencing are related to this.
    Russell

Default Re: UVerse and SIP ALG setting (Brandon)?

I'd be curious to, my parents have Uverse + VOIPo and there Uverse RG just got the new firmware 1-2 weeks ago.

I'm also trying to get U-Verse + VOIPo to work but with no success thus far. I have the U-Verse 2wire RG with the latest 6.1.9.24-enh.tm firmware - there is no setting or backdoor entry to disable SIP. It seems as though this is the culprit.

I have the ATA downstream from the RG, tried both bridge mode and NAT on the VOIPo box but that did not seem to make a difference.

Neither UDP 5004-65000 port range forwarding nor DMZplus mode are working; outbound calls work fine, but incoming calls go straight to voicemail and do not show up in the vPanel. I was pleased with VOIPo's customer service turnaround time; I created a ticket this morning (Saturday) and received a response within 20 minutes! Unfortunately, VOIPo has restricted access to the administrative features of the ATA (Grandstream 502) so I had to wait for them to remotely make changes. They asked me to power cycle all of my devices and that still did not do anything.

Right now I'm waiting for a response to my ticket, but I'm pretty much out of ideas.

You're in AT&T's shackles - which is where they want you!

I am not having any issues with 6.1.9.24-enh.tm. Setup is what Voipo tech did ages ago with DMZ and TCP 5060-5080, UDP 5060-5080, UDP 35000-65000 and static local IP. ATA is Linksys.

Just checked - I'm running 6.1.9.24-enh.tm too. And also running a Sam Knows router which is plugged into the RG and all LAN devices, including the Voipo PAP2T, are behind the Sam Knows box. No known problems on my side as of this moment.
    Russell

You don't need to disable SIP ALG with the newer U-verse firmware. I think that option moved to a device specific firewall setting - one of the application choices is "SIP gateway". I do NOT use that option and it works fine, when it definitely did NOT work with SIP ALG enabled on the earlier U-verse firmware.

I just switched to Voipo. All I had to do was plug in the Grandstream adapter and it seems to work with my U-verse connection. With my previous provider (that used the same TA) I had to forward a few ports before I could make a call.

One question - Do you have a Uverse Voice phone as well? I had Voipo about 2 years ago with my Uverse and ported my number over and it was horrible and unusable so we canceled it and got our Uverse Voice number back. Then the Uverse 2wire firmware changed and this year I tried again except this time I kept my Uverse Voice number and didn't port my number until I was sure it was going to work for us. Well it was also horrible so my wife said to cancel it because it was not working well. My thoughts were that because we had out Uverse Voice still running and it is SIP I wonder if it was causing problems with the Voipo service. Any thoughts?

No reason to have UVerse when you have VOIPo - so I've never had it. One of the reason I like VOIPo is its great value for money - having UVerse phone at the same time doesn't make sense economically to me.
    Russell

You clearly didn't read my post. I know it's not economical to have both and I wasn't planning on keeping the Uverse Voice. The reason I didn't cancel and port my number over right away was because of what a pain it was the first time I did it. I was keeping my Uverse Voice until I made sure Voipo was working fine. Your post answered nothing for me.