Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Voipo on Uverse with new Firmware

Default Re: Voipo on Uverse with new Firmware

Basically tonight I played with it for a while. Trying different things and it is not working. I can't even receive calls. It rings my phone like 2 times and then going to voicemail even if I pick up the phone before the 2nd ring it gives me a dialtone.
    I can't do this anymore. I'm signing back up for AT&T Uverse Voice and paying $35/month for unlimited. Sucks to have to say goodbye but I guess you get what you pay for.

BTW, my wife is totally pissed off at me because she told me before I even ordered Voipo that she didn't want me to because some of her friends have had horrible luck with different Voip services and I did it anyways. Now she gets to say "Told you so".
    Last edited by mdntblu; 05-19-2010 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Addition

Quote Originally Posted by mdntblu View Post
    The problem with me putting my Linksys PAP2T in DMZ Plus means I can't remote desktop into my computer which I do very often. Cause it will make it so all ports are routed to the Linksys PAP2T. This is not necessary for it to work. I have the ports opened that they specified. I also have another piece of hardware on my network that I remote into on a different port which I wouldn't be able to do anymore either.
    This is not the solution because it limits me from everything else. I also might be getting a security camera solution which allows me to remotely view from the web and I won't be able to do that either with the Linksys PAP2T in DMZ Plus mode.
    When you say opened, do you mean opened in the firewall or forwarded? We recommend forwarding the entire range of 5004-65000 or using DMZ.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

The problem with me putting my Linksys PAP2T in DMZ Plus means I can't remote desktop into my computer which I do very often. Cause it will make it so all ports are routed to the Linksys PAP2T. This is not necessary for it to work. I have the ports opened that they specified. I also have another piece of hardware on my network that I remote into on a different port which I wouldn't be able to do anymore either.
    This is not the solution because it limits me from everything else. I also might be getting a security camera solution which allows me to remotely view from the web and I won't be able to do that either with the Linksys PAP2T in DMZ Plus mode.
    Even with DMZplus enabled for one device, you can still forward specific ports to other devices. I have mine set up so I can externally remote desktop into two different workstations and still have the PAP2T in the DMZ. When an external packet comes into the RG, it will look at the port forwarding rules and existing open connections first. If it doesn't match those then it is sent to the DMZplus device.

Tim,

Yes I mean forwarded. The same way I've done it for other things such as remote desktop, etc.
    It still doesn't work. Called AT&T today and resubscribed to Uverse Voice which I had before this whole mess.
    I will be sending back the ATA and canceling the service and would like a full refund of my money.
    I will fill out a support ticket or billing ticket once AT&T turns up my new line. I really wish I could have worked it out but I've tried everything.
    Brad

Tim,

Yes I mean forwarded. The same way I've done it for other things such as remote desktop, etc.
    It still doesn't work. Called AT&T today and resubscribed to Uverse Voice which I had before this whole mess.
    I will be sending back the ATA and canceling the service and would like a full refund of my money.
    I will fill out a support ticket or billing ticket once AT&T turns up my new line. I really wish I could have worked it out but I've tried everything.
    Brad
    OK. We always hate to lose a customer, but if you're not able to put the device in DMZ, you're likely to continue to experience ongoing issues and would be better suited at another provider, so it's likely the best choice in this situation.

As several of the other UVerse users posted here, DMZPlus resolved their issues. We understand that some people choose not to do this though. There's just nothing at all we can do on our end to force traffic through your modem/router to our adapter if it's not being allowed through.

U-Voice is a a little different where there is no problem with traffic getting stopped at the modem and not making it through to an adapter since the adapter is built into the modem itself.

Sorry to see you go, but good luck with AT&T U-Voice.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Tim, UVerse has been upgrading their firmware. Neither of your links work for the new firmware and I've not been able to find the SIP ALG setting (if it exists) for the new firmware. If you look at http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=2333, I'd asked if anyone knew how to do what you're describing for the new firmware and got no answer. I'm sure it'll be beneficial to your support staff (for their UVerse cheatsheat) and us if someone in your company who has UVerse (Brandon?) can get to the bottom of this.
    Russell -

In terms of the ALG setting, AT&T doesn't seem to know about it. One rep thinks it was removed in the update. Maybe they had too many complaints about it?

It sounds like if you have DMZPlus setup that you should be safe. Are you having issues or just wanting to make sure it's 100% optimized?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Russell -

In terms of the ALG setting, AT&T doesn't seem to know about it. One rep thinks it was removed in the update. Maybe they had too many complaints about it?

It sounds like if you have DMZPlus setup that you should be safe. Are you having issues or just wanting to make sure it's 100% optimized?
    Tim,

Fair enough. You can only find out so much from AT&T. I just wanted to be sure my setting was correct and since I couldn't find it in the new firmware, I thought I'd ask.

I've recently begun forwarding ports (never had to all these years with multiple voip providers and same hardware - so I'm less than excited) and things are solid. Unfortunately, my primitive router is in the DMZPlus. I say primitive because it does not let me choose between TCP and UDP - I only specify port ranges so I'm presumably both kinds of traffic in the 60+K port range.
    Russell

Ok, I now have AT&T Uverse Voice. How can I get a label to ship back my ATA? And how do I get my refund on my credit card for the service? I believe I should get a full refund since I was basically never able to use it right.

Brad

Ok, I now have AT&T Uverse Voice. How can I get a label to ship back my ATA? And how do I get my refund on my credit card for the service? I believe I should get a full refund since I was basically never able to use it right.

Brad
    We offer a full refund if cancelled within 30 days of ordering. After 30 days, we will issue a prorated refund for unused months and just deduct the monthly cost for the months you did have the service.

We don't provide return labels since we don't charge for shipping the devices out initially.

Just contact billing@voipo.com if you need help with the cancellation process.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

I'm giving this another go around. So far my experience hasn't been pleasant. My account wouldn't let me log in, then my number says disconnected everytime so they had to give me a new number. Now I'm waiting to test it out when I get home.