Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reseller charges?

Default Re: Reseller charges?

Quote Originally Posted by IBhere View Post
    So then Tim, what is your suggestion in setting up customer charges as we won't know ahead of time whether or not if they will be ordering a Toll Free number and have it pointed/forwarder to and outside number or an SIP number on the system?
    I recommend setting a flat fee that assumes they will forward it off network and bill that.

It's rare that companies discount anything SIP or on network unless they're a budget VoIP provider targeting a highly technical budget-oriented market. Even then some do and some don't.

We charge our direct TF customers 4.9 and assume it will go to an external destination. We don't offer any discount for on-network or SIP for that...only the resellers get that.

Kall8 would be the primary competition for toll-free and where the majority of our TF customers that port come from. They're 6.9 cents.

Our 4.9 has plenty of margin for external forwarding and people still see it as saving 2 cents and are happy.

The key with VoIP in general is to not worry about other VoIP providers and compete with the landline companies. 86% of our port-ins come from landline. Even though there may be some cheaper VoIP options out there, 99% of users don't use VoIP and are very happy to see the huge savings over landlines.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 09-20-2010 at 05:51 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Reseller charges?

Thank you for taking the time to explain this. It was great advise and I appreciate the guidance you have to offer.

Now with the fax service being only incoming at this time, what do you suggest. I know we'll have to charge a flat fee but not knowing how many minutes to use should we or should we not offer free minutes and then charge after that (similar to toll free and forwarder numbers) or should that be an unlimited plan, etc.

This is the last thing I need to set up (fax service) and then I ready to go.
    Last edited by IBhere; 09-20-2010 at 07:27 PM.