Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reseller charges?

Default Reseller charges?

Hi All,

I know what VOIPo is charging resellers but not quite sure how to mix/match the separate charges. For example, I recently added a fax line and thought I was only getting charged $1.00 only to find out I also got charged another $1.00 for DID which wasn't specified in the reseller listing. This is fine, but I would like to review the combining charges if I may. Please let me know if I forgot anything.

Primary line: Charges are for phone #, in/out minutes, E911 and EFU?
    Fax service: Charges are for Fax service plus DID only?
    Forwarder #'s: Charges are for Phone #, in/out minutes, EFU?
    Virtual #'s: Charges are for Phone #, E911?
    Toll Free #'s: Charges are for Toll Free #, in/minutes, EFU?

Please let me know if I forgot any of the charges that might pertain to any of the above group plans.

Thanks.

Default Re: Reseller charges?

I would also have thought you would only be charged $1 for the FAX DID
    Then usage world be extra.

I would ask at reseller@voipo.com

(Never tried the FAX option during beta. I'm not pursuing Reseller.)

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

The fax addon is $1, but all other standard charges still apply for fax accounts. You'd still pay for the phone number and the minute usage.

Essentially everything you sell will have a phone number cost and a usage cost.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

That's what I figured, basically number cost and usage. I just didn't know if items such as E911 would be added to all services or only certain ones, which is why I created the sample in my first post. I just need to make sure I was understanding complete charges as without this understanding, creating customer pricing would be a disaster.

For example, the primary line is self explanatory. But since faxes for resellers are only incoming, is there a charge for an incoming fax, since it is being emailed?

Forwarding numbers are charged twice as an incoming call and outgoing to the forwarded number, correct?

Virtual numbers run off the primary number for minutes, so there's a number charge, but what about E911?

Toll Free numbers, I'm not sure how they are charged.

EFU is only on minutes used.

And last, which services is E911 added to automatically and which ones is it not needed?

I just want to make sure what reseller charges are in complete so I know what to charge customers.

Charges Overview:

All items such as Phone Numbers & E911 have a recurring cost. All phone numbers have 'usage' cost at a per minute rate deemed by the type of phone number and the direction of the call.

For example:

Incoming Toll Free (Domestic), Outgoing PSTN would be billed at a rate of $0.025 + $0.01/minute = $0.035/minute.

Incoming Toll Free (Canada), Outgoign PSTN would be billed at a rate of $0.06/minute + $0.1/minute = $0.07/minute.

So that goes to show that a call always has two legs (Incoming + Outgoing).

Please do keep in mind that SIP legs are free, so a "standard" residential call (non-forwarded) would only be billed for a single leg, dependent on the direction of the call i.e. incoming or outgoing.

In regards to E911 and associated fees. E911 is only available / applicable for "Full Service Line" accounts. The fees associated are $1.00/month. It is at your discretion to enable / disable for your emergency service needs. However I can not get into the legalities - so it is best to find out your E911 obligations through your own consultation.

Let me know if this all makes sense, thanks!

Yes, that clears things up, but I am glad you used the Toll-Free number service as an example, because support had mentioned to me in the past that Toll-Free Service was incoming only and VOIPo wholesale pricing only mentions (1) a Toll-Free number charge and (2) incoming charges for US and Canada. There is no mention in the price list connecting Toll-Free usage with outgoing charges.

If this is an incoming only service, then how is there a charge for outgoing (.025 or .06) as these are listed as incoming charges in the VOIPo wholesale price list?

This is what has been confusing to me, as there seems to be some verbiage contradiction.

Just need clarification, as I'm sure so do the other resellers, before we go live with this.

Call Scenario:

Incoming call from [DOMESTIC UNITED STATES] to a [TOLLFREE] phone number - $0.025/minute

Now lets say you have this [TOLLFREE] phone number forwarded to an [OUTBOUND PHONE NUMBER / DESTINATION] i.e. your cell phone - $0.01/minute

(total rate per minute = $0.035/minute)

There are two charges involved here.

The first charge is for the INCOMING minute usage

The second charge is for the OUTGOING minute usage.

So these charges can be combined to present the overall per minute rate.

So simply put -- your call rate per minute is determined by the type of call legs involved (there are always two LEGS of a call) -- I think the confusion for you is that you are thinking that the call only is billed for a flat rate depending on the originating type.

Just to further give you some call leg examples to help understand:

Incoming SIP + Outgoing SIP

Incoming SIP + Outgoing PSTN (Publicly Switced Telephone Network)

Incoming PSTN + Outgoing SIP

Incoming PSTN + Outgoing PSTN

Starting to come together how there are always two legs of a call? To determine the overall per minute rate you simply add each leg together to get the actual per minute pricing.

I hope this clears some of the confusion.

Thanks!
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 07-22-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Brandon, thanks for helping with this.

So does that apply to standard outbound calls as well?

Example, if a customer makes a call to a number across town, they are going to be billed for $0.01/minute + $0.01/minute = $0.02/minute? So for a 10 minute call, reseller will be charged $0.20?

An outbound call would not have an incoming leg since it's going from our network to the outbound destination, it's it's only billed the outbound.

An incoming TF call for example could have something like this:

Incoming Leg to VOIPo

Outgoing Leg from VOIPo To Final Destination

An outgoing call across town would only have this:

Outgoing Leg from VOIPo

Think about what the call has to do to get to/from VOIPo.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Ok, I think I've got it! lol

Just to make sure... an incoming call to VOIPo would be just like the outgoing... charge only on the incoming leg to VOIPo? (assuming this is on a full line, not TF or forwarding)