Thread: Feature Request : numbers.voipwelcome.com

Default Feature Request : numbers.voipwelcome.com

Can voipo setup an unbranded number availability tool on a page or subdomain like "numbers.voipwelcome.com" so resellers can use it in a frame?

Doesn't have to have any other functionality or allow ordering at this point. But enabling resellers to provide number browsing (pre-qualifying) would be a BIG help.

FYI:

I've been trying to copy the code from the voipo numbers page (http://www.voipo.com/residential.shtml), and almost have it working. I copied lines 210 through 332, then removed the "voipo" branding and order link. Looked like it might work, but after I select the state, the cities list shows "Loading..." and never completes. Obviously it is not as simple as I had hoped.

If anyone else knows how to get the "copy and paste" method working, please post some info. Otherwise we really need VOIPo to create a "number preview" page.

Default Re: Feature Request : numbers.voipwelcome.com

Any official word on if this is possible? I'd really love to see a "number availability" tool that we could use as an "include" or frame page.

Putting it on "numbers.voipwelcome.com" would let us use it with reasonable separation from VOIPo.

The main reason we can't provide a static list is that the numbers are constantly changing. All the same number pools are used by hundreds of carries outside of VOIPo. That's why you'll see the same numbers show up at multiple providers.

National VoIP providers typically never keep an internal inventory of any kind and use APIs from all the partners and combine the results. This is mainly because there are just so many rate centers.

Since so many providers are using the same pools, it's very common that a number there now won't be in a hour. That's not always the case but ultimately it happens enough where we have to set it up to immediately purchase a number if someone selects it or else risk it may be gone.

The only way to reserve or hold a number is to purchase it from our carrier partner so without being able to bill the customer in real-time, that can be risky.

With all this being said, we do have a solution coming that's a little different but I think will do what you're asking in a little different way. I'm not going to get into a lot of specifics yet since it's not done and anything could change, but it's an "Order Form Builder" system that will take the order and then direct to a payment URL you provide to complete the order OR you can send customer to your payment/billing system and have it redirect to this to complete the order.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Sounds good .. but may I suggest you jump on board the buzz and excitement around WHMCS, and work with their staff to create a plugin to order and provision Voipo. Integration with a well known and widely used billing system is only going to get you more resellers, and bridges one of the most important issues any reseller would have ..how do I bill.

just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIP9 View Post
    Sounds good .. but may I suggest you jump on board the buzz and excitement around WHMCS, and work with their staff to create a plugin to order and provision Voipo. Integration with a well known and widely used billing system is only going to get you more resellers, and bridges one of the most important issues any reseller would have ..how do I bill.

just my 2 cents.
    We looked at this, but the main thing is that WHMCS doesn't really handle usage-based billing well...only recurring/static items, so it would be hard to integrate and have it handle international calls, minutes, etc especially if all at different rates depending on destination.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Now we're talking! Thanks Tim!

I'm for anything that lets a customer have a least a little input into their number. And double plus for anything that helps automate ordering and/or billing.

I'm very anxious to see the upcoming "Order Form Builder"!!!