Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Having Trouble Today?

Default Re: Anybody Having Trouble Today?

I'm a fairly new VOIPo customer as well as this being my first VOIP experience moving from AT&T pots. Things were going great until the last few days or so, I'm experiencing the exact same issue as reported here; no ringing then the called party will answer after a long silence (15-20 secs or so).

One time I called my Dad at his cabin and it stayed silent for a long time with no answer, when I tried that number from my cell phone his line was busy. I did get through some time later with my cell and found that he was on the internet (dialup).

So I've experienced a no ring with long silence then answer as well as a no busy signal at the called party, I'm really hoping these glitches get fixed ASAP.

My wife is getting a little chippy over these 'glitches' which she has also experienced,of course she has little tolerance for as them as they weren't experienced with AT&T.

I am on Charter cable in Michigan (no internet access issues during these phone issues), D-Link DIR-655 (no changes from initial install when the service was working problem free, Linksys RT31P2 router (I have not had the line lights go out on the device).

I will be starting a ticket but wanted to share with others.

Quote Originally Posted by ExCavTanker View Post
    I'm a fairly new VOIPo customer as well as this being my first VOIP experience moving from AT&T pots. Things were going great until the last few days or so, I'm experiencing the exact same issue as reported here; no ringing then the called party will answer after a long silence (15-20 secs or so).
    I'm glad you shared. It's reassuring to know that others are having the same issue. Tech supports focus based on my ticket so far appears to be on my end. When multiple people report the issue and folks like me have a very simple setup (VOIPo router connected to UVerse box with ports forwarded), it makes me wonder whether the problem is not in my setup. Do note, I don't experience the issue on all calls - I just made two calls to numbers I know (no one at the other end) and it rang right away.
    Russell

Russell,

I'm using VOIPo on U-verse and my configuration is a little different than yours. Instead of forwarding ports I have the Residential Gateway configured to give my PAP2T its external IP address and to forward all traffic not destined for another system on my network to it (DMZplus). You can configure DMZplus in the RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Applications, Pinholes and DMZ. Select your adapter from the list of devices, click the radio button near the bottom for Allow all applications and then click Save. To assign it the external IP address go to Settings -> LAN -> IP Address Allocation. Find your adapter in the list, change Address Assignment to Public and change WAN IP Mapping to Router WAN IP address. I haven't had any issues with this setup. I'm still able to forward specific traffic (Remote Desktop, Peer-to-peer, etc.) to other systems using firewall rules; just anything that doesn't match a firewall rule or isn't a reply to an outbound request gets sent to the VOIPo adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by 97526 View Post
    For 6 hours now, friends are having to call on cell not in the simul ring to get me. They call the voipo number and get 1.5 rings then a fast busy. Same when I call from a cell to my voipo number. Nothing on my end rings, not even the simul ring number. All incoming calls are showing on the call log for 0 seconds duration. I can call out ok.. 4 hours since I put in a service request and nothing back from them yet.
    Got eMail this am from voipo, said issue with simul ring and all should be ok.
    This was fixed the morning, now 6 hours later, same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JimDog View Post
    Russell,

I'm using VOIPo on U-verse and my configuration is a little different than yours. Instead of forwarding ports I have the Residential Gateway configured to give my PAP2T its external IP address and to forward all traffic not destined for another system on my network to it (DMZplus). You can configure DMZplus in the RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Applications, Pinholes and DMZ. Select your adapter from the list of devices, click the radio button near the bottom for Allow all applications and then click Save. To assign it the external IP address go to Settings -> LAN -> IP Address Allocation. Find your adapter in the list, change Address Assignment to Public and change WAN IP Mapping to Router WAN IP address. I haven't had any issues with this setup. I'm still able to forward specific traffic (Remote Desktop, Peer-to-peer, etc.) to other systems using firewall rules; just anything that doesn't match a firewall rule or isn't a reply to an outbound request gets sent to the VOIPo adapter.
    Thanks, JimDog. Your instructions are excellent and if I've got to move to the DMZ I'll do it and the instructions will most certainly help. However, on principle I dislike putting my ATA in the DMZ, but that's a different thread :-).

I had another call this evening where I couldn't hear the caller. Since then I tech support remotely accessed my RT31P2 and say, "We've applied a few adjustments to the account to aid in stabilizing the service. No further action is needed at this time. " So, I'm hoping all is well.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    , "We've applied a few adjustments to the account to aid in stabilizing the service. No further action is needed at this time. " So, I'm hoping all is well.
    one always wonders why such adjustments, if not mere guesses, were not previously applied!

I may have to take them up on the 30 days to return all for a refund....and just renew phone power

Quote Originally Posted by stevech View Post
    one always wonders why such adjustments, if not mere guesses, were not previously applied!
    Having suffered through the glitches, I would have loved to have known why I (with a very vanilla setup) merited those changes. But, I'm going to assume they work, assume they don't tell the average customer what has been done, and not take any of their time pursuing the subject in the ticket.
    Russell

So far the "adjustments" appear to be working. Not many calls, but no issues with the calls that have been made or received.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    So far the "adjustments" appear to be working. Not many calls, but no issues with the calls that have been made or received.
    Glad to see. See, sometimes opening a ticket really does work.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook