Thread: Adapter question

Default Adapter question

When we order an adapter for a client, can we ask specifically for either the PAP2T or the GrandStream to be shipped to our client?

Default Re: Adapter question

They have never allowed that option in the past.
    Not sure if a ticket at reseller@voipo.com can even influence the final choice?

It makes sense for Resellers, that VOIPo include that kind of selection.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

We don't purchase or carry PAP2TS even for our direct customers at this time.

We use exclusively refurbished RT31P2s unless we have another model that comes in as a return both for our customers and for resellers.

If you need to guarantee a specific model, you are welcome to purchase the devices from another vendor and add it in as provisioning. We don't require that hardware be purchased from us.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I asked because that is what I received from VOIPo when I ordered as a customer originally before becoming a reseller. It was a Linksys PAP2T adapter and also a couple Grandstreams. These were the two I was told we would be using as resellers, but thanks for the update.

Question: Now since you are moving in and out refurbished RT31P2's, are they still $40 + $5 shipping - and if so, since they are refurbished, what kind of guarantee comes with them, if any?

Question: Are these (RT31P2) the Linksys broadband routers with 2 phone ports?
    Last edited by IBhere; 09-24-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IBhere View Post
    I asked because that is what I received from VOIPo when I ordered as a customer originally before becoming a reseller. It was a Linksys PAP2T adapter and also a couple Grandstreams. These were the two I was told we would be using as resellers, but thanks for the update.

Question: Now since you are moving in and out refurbished RT31P2's, are they still $40 + $5 shipping - and if so, since they are refurbished, what kind of guarantee comes with them, if any?

Question: Are these (RT31P2) the Linksys broadband routers with 2 phone ports?
    Yes, the pricing is all the same.

We guarantee all devices against DOAs and will replace any that are DOA or have an obvious manufacturer defect (since we will RMA them).

We don't cover user damage or anything that is not a defect. As an example, we constantly have users that connect their devices to their home phone wiring with the current from phone company still running through it. If a device is connected to phone wiring or hit by lightening or something like that, we obviously won't cover it since it's damaged caused by user and not a defect in the device.

It wouldn't be possible to offer new PAPT2s at $40 + $5 since we'd be losing money. Linksys wholesale is not very competitive. They just don't want to seem to compete in the consumer VoIP market anymore. We found a large inventory of refurbished RTs and use those. When those are exhausted, we'll be using Grandstream HT502s again. Unless Linksys gets their pricing in line with reality, I don't think we'll ever use PAPT2s again.

Support wise, we definitely prefer the RT31P2s and Grandstream HT502s anyway because they have a built in router. So when there are issues with customer routers, we can simply have them put our device in front of it (connected directly to modem) and then have them connect their router to the device and it gets the customer router out of the picture. Much easier to troubleshoot.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook