Thread: Problems with Reseller CPanel?

Default Problems with Reseller CPanel?

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with the reseller CPanel? I have had a number of problems such as:
    1. Create new Full Service Account - Transfer Number fails with no error, but support is able to put in my data and get the account created
    2. Provisioning updates (password, phone number) sometimes do not take affect or take a long time to take affect.
    3. Settings randomly change. In particular I have had the Do Not Disturb setting change when I absolutely did not change it myself. This was really frustrating to figure out, I suspected a network problem causing calls not to go through. Wasted probably 2 hours time troubleshooting.
    4. Voicemail settings not being applied. Like setting password, e-mail delivery address etc. Had to email support to get it fixed.
    5. E911 address not accepting correctly formed local addresses. Agian, support is able to put the information in.

Anybody have these issues? It's incredibly annoying to have to email support and wait a day to get something done.

Default Re: Problems with Reseller CPanel?

That sounds frustrating. So far, for me, the cp has been fine. No issues at all.

It sounds like maybe some of input isn't being accepted since virtually no settings seem to be saving for you.

The note on some of your tickets says that our staff couldn't reproduce the issue (like with the number transfer submissions) and that it went right through for them in the customer panel.

I'm thinking maybe this is a browser compatibility issue where there are issues with it and a particular browser that should be looked at.

What browser are you using?
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 09-30-2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Been using mostly Firefox 3.6.10 although our billing PC has 3.6.8. When I have trouble I try IE 8 as well.

Tim, your suggestion via email of a password being required seems to be the answer for the account creation. I don't give my customers access to the user cpanel so I was not bothering to put in a password. An error telling me why it failed to create the account would have been very helpful and saved a lot of headache.

The other problems I still don't know what happened. I know you guys have put a lot of money and effort into cpanel but it just does not seem to be very robust in my experience.