Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PBX Servers?

Default PBX Servers?

Just wondering what PBX Servers are folks using to run their Voipo Services on and what kinds of lessons have your learned from this experience?

Have you saved money running your own PBX be it software or hardware based PBX?

Default Re: PBX Servers?

Quote Originally Posted by eacollin View Post
    Just wondering what PBX Servers are folks using to run their Voipo Services on and what kinds of lessons have your learned from this experience?

Have you saved money running your own PBX be it software or hardware based PBX?
    I am running it on the following with no issues (ALL ASTERISK BASED)

PBX in a Flash
    Elastix
    Incredible PBX
    Trixbox

So far no issues with configuration. My only wish is that Voipo would offer the ability to increase the channels above 2 even if there is a slight fee increase. This would allow us to offer small business the ability to purchase less DIDs (trunks basically) to have multiple inbound outbound calls at the same time.

For example I have a client that was thinking about switching to my service but I would have to buy 10 DIDS to get 10 SIP credentials to configure 10 trunks. All this to make sure he is able to send and receive up to 10 simultaneous calls.

Quote Originally Posted by genxweb View Post
    I am running it on the following with no issues (ALL ASTERISK BASED)

PBX in a Flash
    Elastix
    Incredible PBX
    Trixbox

So far no issues with configuration. My only wish is that Voipo would offer the ability to increase the channels above 2 even if there is a slight fee increase. This would allow us to offer small business the ability to purchase less DIDs (trunks basically) to have multiple inbound outbound calls at the same time.

For example I have a client that was thinking about switching to my service but I would have to buy 10 DIDS to get 10 SIP credentials to configure 10 trunks. All this to make sure he is able to send and receive up to 10 simultaneous calls.
    There actually are no channel limits or trunks for resellers. You can receive as many simultaneous calls on a single account/registration as your equipment/PBX can handle.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

sounds great!
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-21-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    I've got my business line installed on 2 routers, using all 4 jacks, running to a 4 line phone system.

Works GREAT!

YMMV
    Glad to hear.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    I've got my business line installed on 2 routers, using all 4 jacks, running to a 4 line phone system.

Works GREAT!

YMMV
    Hi just wondering what PBX are you using and any thoughts you'd like to give on how is runs for your setup?

Thanks

I am currently reviewing 3cx... Windows based and looks to be a really good revenue stream

Quote Originally Posted by eacollin View Post
    Hi just wondering what PBX are you using and any thoughts you'd like to give on how is runs for your setup?

Thanks
    I'm using a panasonic cordless extention phone. The kind you find at Office Depot and such. I just turn off the voicemail feature and let VOIPo handle that.

3CX is very powerful, but needs a LOT of configuration.

Learning 3CX is worth the return I believe. But yes it is a lot of configuration.

I am looking into 3cx and it does look very profitable. And looks very clunky Does anyone have it working with voipo service yet.