Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: Forum posts requiring moderation

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    135

    Default Forum posts requiring moderation

    Well this is new...

    I don't post much so I don't know when this started but my replies are now requiring moderation before they are visible.

    I don't think I misbehaved... or did I?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Houston suburb
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: Forum posts requiring moderation

    I saw this too the other day.......my reply never showed up either.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,220

    Default Re: Forum posts requiring moderation

    Maybe its based on a minimum number of posts?


    Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

    Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: Forum posts requiring moderation

    Well it's something new as I have been able to post in the past.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: Forum posts requiring moderation

    That time it worked just fine...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    1,542,128,037

    Default Re: Forum posts requiring moderation

    Shouldn't be happening. I think it's possible something with the group permissions got changed when trying to deal with the spam.

    I'll look into this tomorrow and make sure they're all correct.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

    Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Houston suburb
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: Forum posts requiring moderation

    Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Shouldn't be happening. I think it's possible something with the group permissions got changed when trying to deal with the spam.

    I'll look into this tomorrow and make sure they're all correct.
    Tim, this is still happening erratically. Some posts never showing up due to a "moderation" message.
    Last edited by tritch; 02-17-2011 at 09:15 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aventura Fl
    Posts
    858

    Default Re: Forum posts requiring moderation

    I made a post this afternoon and simply mentioned a site with user manual that might have helped the person trying to set up his ATA.

    A screen came up indicating that it would be moderated before allowing it to post.

    It never did post..although subsequent posts did.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    513

    Default Re: Forum posts requiring moderation

    Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    I made a post this afternoon and simply mentioned a site with user manual that might have helped the person trying to set up his ATA.

    A screen came up indicating that it would be moderated before allowing it to post.

    It never did post..although subsequent posts did.
    Wonder if it is basic SPAM protection - minimal text and a URL could be a pointer to a site selling something. Not saying it's good - just speculating on an explanation.
    Russell

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: Forum posts requiring moderation

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Wonder if it is basic SPAM protection - minimal text and a URL could be a pointer to a site selling something. Not saying it's good - just speculating on an explanation.
    No, the post I made some time ago was basically chit chat. It had no links.

    The issue is sporadic...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •